Online Certificates in Nutrition, Fitness, and Health. Summer Registration now Available!
WEST LAFAYETTE, IN, May 30, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Now is a great time to get started on becoming a Fitness Professional. According to the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau publication Occupational Outlook Handbook, overall employment for personal trainers is expected to increase 44% from 2002 to 2012. In addition, baby boomers will start retiring in 2011, and there will be an increased demand for qualified trainers to help them stay active and healthy.
Educational Fitness Solutions, creator of the online Certificate Programs in Nutrition, Fitness, and Health in partnership with accredited colleges and universities nationwide, has the following Online Certificates available for summer registration:
*Fitness Business Management
- a unique program that teaches students how to manage a personal training program and/or fitness department as a Strategic Business Unit (S.B.U.) in order to meet goals and increase efficiency.
*Nutrition for Optimal Health, Wellness, and Sports
- an in-depth examination of contemporary nutritional topics such as meal plan analysis, functional food implementation, antioxidants, public nutrition, sports nutrition, vitamin supplementation, and weight management.
*Personal Training/Advanced Personal Training
- each course presents different aspects of the profession, providing the student with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to implement a unique medically-based fitness model for their future or current clients.
*Personal Training and Group Exercise Training for Older Adults
- establishes a standard to ensure the development of safe and effective exercise programs for older adults. Curriculum standards are consistent with the "International Curriculum Guidelines for Preparing Physical Activity Instructors of Older Adults" in collaboration with and endorsed by the World Health Organization.
*Women's Exercise Training and Wellness
- teaches students to tailor fitness plans to meet the needs of women of all ages at medically-based fitness facilities, YMCA/JCC's, community wellness programs, personal training studios, physical therapy clinics and more.
All of our programs can be completed in under 18 weeks, or if you have a busy schedule, courses can be spread out over a 2 year time period. The summer semester begins June 15th and ends October 18th. Each course is led by an instructor with either a master's or doctoral degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, physical therapy, or nutrition.
The following health and fitness organizations provide students with educational, membership, and/or national certification exam opportunities.
*American Council on Exercise (ACE)
*American Senior Fitness Association (SFA)
*Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA)
*Health Club Managers, Inc.
*Healthyways: SilverSneakers Fitness Program
*Idea Health and Fitness Association
*International Council on Active Aging (ICAA)
* Personal Fitness Professional (PFP)
* Women's Health Foundation
Don't let vacation plans be the only decision you make this summer. You could also make a life changing career move.
For more information on our programs or to register, visit our website. Registration for our Summer Semester ends June 12th. Any questions can be directed to Dimitri Onyskow, Director of Academic Relations, either by phone or email.
About Educational Fitness Solutions
Educational Fitness Solutions Inc. (EFS) partners with accredited community colleges and universities in providing their communities with the delivery of online web-based certificate programs and courses in nutrition, fitness, and health.