SEATTLE, WA, May 30, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ -- To rejuvenate your facial appearance, you may choose to combat fine lines and wrinkles through non-surgical procedures, like BOTOX Cosmetic and Soft Tissue Fillers. These options are effective and offer an alternative to invasive surgical procedures. They work by stimulating the production of your body's natural collagen and replacing the components of your natural skin that has begun to show signs of aging.
However, non-surgical procedures are not permanent. For patients who desire a longer lasting procedure, cosmetic plastic surgery may be the right option. Here are some popular procedures:
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: This procedure can correct sagging eyebrows and the upper eyelid skin that may hang down and create a "hood" that can result in an angry or tired appearance. In severe cases, sagging eyelids can even impair your peripheral vision. An endoscopic brow lift can correct deep wrinkles that are caused by the overuse of your forehead muscle.
- Eyelid Surgery: Eyelid surgery or a "blepharoplasty" can correct excessive wrinkling in your eyelids and puffiness or "bags" under your eyes. When loose folds, sagging skin and bagginess is reduced, your eyes will appear more awake and alert. This procedure can be performed on your upper eyelids, your lower eyelids or both.
- Face lift: This common procedure can appear to reverse time by eliminating jowls and tightening the skin around your face and neck line to create a youthful, rejuvenated appearance. If you are suffering from the tell-tale signs of aging, gravity and sun exposure and find that the skin in your face has begun to sag, a fact lift may be just what you need to restore your appearance.
- Lip Augmentation: If you have thin, aging lips with drooping corners, you may become self-conscious about them. They may also make you appear sad or upset. Plump lips not only improve self-esteem, they also increase sex appeal and are often considered a symbol of youth and vitality. Full lips can be restored by injections or by lip augmentation procedures.
- Neck Lift: One of the first noticeable signs of aging is loose skin in your neck and underlying tissue. As you age, you may notice "banding" in your neck muscles. These may even escalate into the dreaded "turkey gobbler neck," characterized by loose and flaccid skin. A neck lift can tighten your neck and restore it to its natural, well-contoured shape, appearing to shed years off your life.
- Neck Liposuction: Your jaw line, neck and chin can be defined by suctioning out the problem areas via small cannulas. The change in contours will give you a strong jaw line, defined chin and sculpted neck line.
- Nose Reshaping: Many people decide they want to change some little quark in their nose, whether it's to smooth a hump on the bridge of their nose, straighten a crooked nose or have the tip of the nose made smaller and more defined. A nose reshaping or "rhinoplasty" procedure can do these things and more.
- Facial Implants: Facial implants are used to both restore and enhance the contours of your face, and improve the balance of your facial features and the overall harmony of your face. Perhaps you have always wanted well-defined cheekbones or a stronger jaw line. Facial implants can improve the proportion in your facial features while strengthening your self image as a whole.
If you live in the Tacoma, Seattle, Everett or Bellevue area and are interested in facial rejuvenation techniques, please visit the Web site of Pratt Plastic Surgery in Washington today.