“Alfa Laval’s sales increased by 10 percent to SEK 6.9 billion during the first quarter compared to the corresponding quarter 2008. This gave an EBITA of SEK 1.3 billion and an operating margin of 18.1 percent. During the quarter acquisitions were made that will add almost SEK 600 million to the annual sales.
Order intake was SEK 5.9 billion in the first quarter, a decline by 5 percent compared to the fourth quarter 2008. Excluding positive foreign exchange effects the order intake decreased by 9 percent. Alfa Laval continues to adjust capacity and costs to current market conditions.”
Lars Renström, President and CEO
- Order intake decreased by 31.6 percent * to SEK 5,853 (7,433) million.
- Net sales decreased by 4.8 percent * to SEK 6,923 (6,267) million.
- Adjusted EBITA was SEK 1.255 (1,410) million, including positive foreign exchange effects of SEK 124 million.
- Adjusted EBITA-margin was 18.1 (22.5) percent.
- Result after financial items was SEK 1,114 (1,256) million.
- Result after tax amounted to SEK 764 (898) million.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.80 (2.06).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 1,058 (729) million.
* excluding exchange rate variations
Outlook for the second quarter “We expect demand during the second quarter to be in line with or somewhat lower than the first quarter 2009.”
Earlier published outlook (February 4, 2009): “We expect demand during the first quarter to be somewhat lower than the fourth quarter 2008.”
The interim report has been issued on April 20, 2009 by the President and Chief Executive Officer Lars Renström by proxy from the Board of Directors.
Lund, April 20, 2009,
Lars Renström President and Chief Executive Officer Alfa Laval AB (publ)
The interim report has not been subject to review by the company’s auditors.
Alfa Laval AB (publ) PO Box 73 SE-221 00 Lund Sweden Corporate registration number: 556587-8054
Alfa Laval AB (publ) discloses the information provided herin pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 1.45 p.m. on April 20, 2009.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com