February 03, 2009 at 03:31 AM EST
Alfa Laval Reaches Approximately 89 Percent of the Shares in Alfa Laval India

Regulatory News:

Alfa Laval (STO:ALFA), a world leader in heat transfer, centrifugal separation and fluid handling, announced on October 23 2008 a public offer to increase its share of Alfa Laval (India) Ltd. The offer has now been closed and owners of approximately 12 percent of the shares accepted to sell at 1 000 rupees per share, which represents a total value of approximately SEK 380 million. This means that Alfa Laval AB increases its share of ownership in the Indian company from some 77 percent to approximately 89 percent. Alfa Laval (India) Ltd., is listed on the stock market in Mumbai.

Did you know that Alfa Laval opened its representative office in India already in 1937 - ten years before the country’s independence from Great Britain.

About Alfa Laval
Alfa Laval is a leading global provider of specialized products and engineering solutions based on its key technologies of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling. The company’s equipment, systems and services are dedicated to assisting customers in optimizing the performance of their processes. The solutions help them to heat, cool, separate and transport products in industries that produce food and beverages, chemicals and petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, starch, sugar and ethanol.

Alfa Laval’s products are also used in power plants, aboard ships, in the mechanical engineering industry, in the mining industry and for wastewater treatment, as well as for comfort climate and refrigeration applications. Alfa Laval’s worldwide organization works closely with customers in nearly 100 countries to help them stay ahead in the global arena.

Alfa Laval is listed on the Nordic Exchange, Nordic Large Cap, and, in 2007, posted annual sales of about SEK 25 billion (approx. 2.7 billion Euros). The company has some 12 000 employees.

www.alfalaval.com

This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com

Contacts:

Peter Torstensson
Senior Vice President, Communications
Alfa Laval
Tel: + 46 46 36 72 31
Mobile: +46 709 33 72 31
or
Gabriella Grotte
Investor Relations Manager
Alfa Laval
Tel: +46 46 36 74 82
Mobile: +46 709 78 74 82
Related Stocks:
Stock Market XML and JSON Data API provided by FinancialContent Services, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here