TV Guide Network will premiere more than 100 hours of special “Idol” themed programming devoted to covering the final days leading up to the grand finale when America’s idol is chosen. Idol Finale Week on TV Guide Network kicks off on Saturday, May 17th with the following programming lineup:
- Saturday, May 17th at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT, CLOSE UP: RANDY JACKSON gives fans of the “American Idol” judge Randy Jackson a look into what he really thinks about his fellow judges, his latest hit show on MTV and his early years in the industry. We’ve got the secrets you won’t hear anywhere else.
- Sunday, May 18th at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT TV Guide Network will air “ANOTHER 25 THINGS…IDOL,” giving viewers the best kept secrets about the nation’s number one show. Get a sneak peek at how to obtain tickets to a taping of the show, find out how Ryan Seacrest keeps contestants calm during commercial breaks and find out what Simon Cowell’s biggest weakness is.
- Monday, May 19th at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT, join IDOL TONIGHT hosts Kimberly Caldwell, Justin Guarini and Rosanna Tavarez during a special two-hour show featuring expert interviews, former Idol finalists and exclusive never-before-seen audition footage. Special live guests will include Chris Richardson, Lakisha Jones and Jon Peter Lewis.
- Tuesday, May 20that 6:00 p.m. ET/PT IDOL TONIGHT will broadcast at the front door of the Idol finale at the Nokia Center in Downtown Los Angeles. The two-hour telecast will take a look back at the top 12 “American Idol” finalists and preview the final performances of the season. The extravaganza will catch viewers up on everything Idol, with special guests including Chris Sligh and Kevin Covais.
- Wednesday, May 21st at 6:00 p.m. ET/PT, IDOL TONIGHT: LIVE AT THE FINALE will preview the results of the nation’s most popular television show with a live telecast straight from the Red Carpet outside the Nokia Theatre.
- Thursday, May 22nd at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT, don’t miss IDOL TONIGHT: FANTASTIC FINISH, a two-hour wrap up of the “American Idol” finale recapping the Red Carpet and finale excitement including exclusive interviews with the “American Idol” winner and runner-up.
- Friday, May 23rd at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT A special edition of THE FASHION TEAM will look back at the best and worst celebrity fashion statements from the “American Idol” finale Red Carpet and the fashion transformation of current and former contestants.
About TV Guide Network
TV Guide Network reaches more than 83 million homes and is a premier television entertainment network for viewers seeking the latest information on the best programs, hottest stars and latest trends on television. Headquartered in the heart of Hollywood, the network combines original programming with comprehensive program listings information - all of which deliver on viewers' need for an entertaining and easy guide to what's on TV. TV Guide Network is a division of Macrovision Solutions Corporation.
About Gemstar-TV Guide
Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (the “Company”) (NASDAQ: GMST) is a leading global media, entertainment, and technology company that develops, licenses, markets and distributes products and services that maximize the video guidance and entertainment experience for consumers. The Company's businesses include: television, publishing, and new media properties; interactive program guide services and products; and intellectual property licensing. Additional information about the Company can be found at www.gemstartvguide.com.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance or results and involve risks and uncertainties that may cause actual performance or results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, including risks and uncertainties related to the timely availability and market acceptance of products and services incorporating the Company's technologies and content; our investments in new and existing businesses; the impact of competitive products and services; and the other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the most recent reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, each as it may be amended from time to time. The Company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Note to Editors: Gemstar, TV Guide, and TV Guide Network are trademarks or registered trademarks of Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. The names of other companies, products and services used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.