Customers of Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest bookseller, can place an order for delivery to a Manhattan address as late as 11 am ET on December 24th and have their item delivered by 7 pm ET that night.
“Same Day Delivery is the last opportunity for shoppers to ensure their Manhattan-based recipient will receive their gift just in time for Christmas,” said Kevin Frain, chief financial officer of Barnes & Noble.com. “Barnes & Noble makes last-minute holiday shopping simple so that our customers can spend more their time with friends and family.”
The Barnes & Noble Holiday Gift Catalog helps customers quickly and easily navigate through selections by subject and popularity, relieving stress for time-pressed shoppers. The complete catalog is available at: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/holiday-gifts/index.asp?z=y.
Some of the most popular items in the Holiday Gift Catalog include:
- Favorites among books include Good Dog. Stay. by Anna Quindlen, The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz, and I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert.
- Popular music selections include Raising Sand by Robert Plant, 100 Days, 100 Nights by Sharon Jones, and Songbird: Rare Tracks and Forgotten Gems by Emmylou Harris.
- DVDs are big sellers this year, with top picks including The Jungle Book, House, M.D. – Season 3, and My So-Called Life – The Complete Series.
- Books for kids continue to be a favorite, with best-selling items including The Harry Potter Hardcover Boxed Set by J.K. Rowling, Olivia Helps with Christmas by Ian Falconer, and Star Wars by Matthew Reinhart.
- Top-selling Barnes & Noble exclusives include items such as Tony Bennett Sings the Ultimate Songbook, Vol. 1, Monopoly Onyx, and Rubik’s Cube Icon Edition.
- For those pressed for time, Barnes & Noble.com offers an array of gift baskets, which don’t require gift wrapping, and make a substantial gift for a child of any age and interest. Broad selections of different styles include Newborn Girl or Boy baskets, Arts & Crafts, Americana, Preschool Education and much more.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and a Fortune 500 company, operates 801 bookstores in 50 states. For the fourth year in a row, the company is the nation’s top bookseller brand, as determined by a brand’s overall strength based on its combination of familiarity, quality and purchase intent, according to the EquiTrend® Brand Study by Harris Interactive®. Barnes & Noble conducts its online business through Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com), one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company’s corporate website: http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com.