Customers of Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest bookseller, can order up to midnight on December 18th, and still receive free shipping on orders of $25 or more in time for Christmas.
“December 18th is one of the latest dates for free shipping and arrival by Christmas offered by any e-commerce retailer,” said Kevin Frain, chief financial officer of Barnes & Noble.com. “Our expertise in e-commerce fulfillment and distribution allows our customers, even those who wait until the last minute, to take advantage of our unique Fast & Free Delivery service.”
For customers in Manhattan, the popular Same Day Delivery service is also available through December 24th; orders placed by 11 am will be delivered by 7 pm on the same day. The online Holiday Delivery Calendar helps customers select the shipping method that will ensure delivery in time for the holidays. See site for details (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/holiday-gifts/delivery.asp).
This holiday season, customers are purchasing a wide range of gifts including:
- Among the bestselling fiction and non-fiction books are Good Dog. Stay. by Anna Quindlen, I Am America (and so Can You!) by Stephen Colbert, The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz, and T Is for Trespass by Sue Grafton.
- Popular coffee table books and box sets are Harry Potter Hardcover Boxed Set (Books 1-7) by J.K. Rowling, A Family Christmas by Caroline Kennedy, and Rolling Stone Cover to Cover –The First 40 Years by Bondi Digital Publishing.
- Always a favorite, wine and cookbooks continue to dominate with Cook with Jaime: My Guide to Making You a Better Cook by Jaime Oliver, Cookie Craft by Valerie Peterson, The Sotheby’s Wine Encyclopedia by Tom Stevenson, Bobby Flay’s Grilling for Life, and Just in Time by Rachael Ray.
- DVD blockbusters include The Jungle Book, House, M.D. –Season 3, My So-Called Life: The Complete Series, It’s a Wonderful Life, and Grey’s Anatomy– Season 3.
- Music is topping the charts with Raising Sand by Robert Plant, 100 Days, 100 Nights by Sharon Jones, Bach: Goldberg Variations by Simone Dinnerstein, Songbird: Rare Tracks & Forgotten Gems by Emmylou Harris, and My Foolish Heart: Live at Montreux by Keith Jarrett.
- For children, the bestselling books include Olivia Helps with Christmas by Ian Falconer, Angela and the Baby Jesus by Frank McCourt, Star Wars by Matthew Reinhart, and Santa’s Reindeer by Rod Green.
- Barnes & Noble exclusives are also big sellers, including items such as Monopoly Onyx, Rubik’s Cube Icon Edition, the Jonathan Adler Flower Blue Lap Desk and Tony Bennett Sings the Ultimate Songbook, Volume 1 (includes exclusive tracks “Don’t Worry ’Bout Me” and “Down in the Depths”).
- For those pressed for time, Barnes & Noble.com offers an array of gift baskets, which don’t require gift wrapping, and make a substantial gift for a child of any age and interest. Broad selections of different styles include Newborn Girl or Boy baskets, Arts & Crafts, Americana, Pre-school Education, and much more.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and a Fortune 500 company, operates 801 bookstores in 50 states. For the fourth year in a row, the company is the nation’s top bookseller brand, as determined by a brand’s overall strength based on its combination of familiarity, quality and purchase intent, according to the EquiTrend® Brand Study by Harris Interactive®. Barnes & Noble conducts its online business through Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com), one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company’s corporate website: http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com.