Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), one of the nation’s largest booksellers and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, is inviting customers to visit Barnes & Noble stores and BN.com to discover the very best gifts of the season. Christmas is fast approaching and Barnes & Noble’s team of knowledgeable and friendly booksellers is standing by to help customers choose the perfect gift for everyone in the family. Barnes & Noble offers a broad selection of the most wanted gift items this holiday, including exclusive limited-edition throws, Buddha Boards, tablet stands, Brookstone lap desks, exclusive Elf on the Shelf ornaments and a collection of Doctor Who gift items. In addition, the Barnes & Noble Café is offering a unique selection of edible gifts from leading companies like Starbucks, Godiva, Harney & Son’s Teas and Harry & David.
“We have scoured the globe to bring together a one-of-a-kind selection of wonderful gifts. Many of the items are made exclusively for Barnes & Noble customers,” said Alex Perruzzi, Vice President of Gift and Product Development at Barnes & Noble. “This expansive offering is designed to include items that delight and inspire our customers, while serving as a great complement to Barnes & Noble’s unmatched selection of books, toys & games, DVDs, music, NOOKs® and more, making B&N the last-minute, one-stop shopping destination.”
Top Gift Items at Barnes & Noble this Holiday Include:
- Exclusive Limited-Edition Throws: The new Barnes & Noble exclusive limited-edition throws are perfect for a cozy read and come in a variety of styles including 100% cotton cable knits, “Bah Humbug” with phrases from A Christmas Carol and Quotes Melange featuring lines from favorite literary classics, each available for the incredible price of $39.95.
- Buddha Board: This is one of the hottest gifts of the season. Available at a special price of $29.95, the Buddha Board is based on the Zen concept of living in the moment. Simply paint on the surface with water and your creation will come to life in bold design. The art will magically disappear, leaving the painter with a clean slate and a clear mind.
- Smart Media Wooden Lap Desk: The original lap desk company presents a smart media desk with a media slot which allows for use with all tablets and features a counterbalancing, weighted surface for only $49.95.
- Handcrafted Leather Journals from Italy: Our exclusive collection of Italian leather writing journals are handmade by artisans in the Tuscany region of Italy. Each piece is tooled with the finest materials and attention to detail in the old world tradition and make a unique gift to treasure for years to come, starting at $24.95.
- Chef’s Center Cookbook Holder: Cook with abandon, knowing your favorite cookbooks are well protected. Inspired by real-life cooking experiences, the Chef’s Center Cookbook Holder features a spring-loaded splash guard screen to hold cookbooks open and pages flat while protecting the pages from splashes, splatters, and sticky fingers. The Lazy Susan base allows for complete 360-degree viewing, and a pullout drawer holds a weights and measures chart. It’s the ultimate tool for cooks, available for $29.95.
- iPrep Tablet Stand and Stylus: Bring any tablet or eReader, including the entire line of NOOK® devices, safely into the kitchen with the iPrep Tablet Stand ($29.95). Follow an online or eBook recipe or watch a cooking show while slicing, dicing, mixing, measuring and stirring. The adjustable iPrep securely fits all popular tablets and can hold devices in portrait or landscape position. Four viewing options and an integrated stylus pen makes the iPrep ideal for keeping screens clean from messy hands.
Stocking Stuffers For Everyone
- Book Lights: Our lights include the Mighty Bright MiniFlex ($9.95) and Hammerhead ($19.95).
- Bobino Key Clip and Cord Wrap: Help keep friends and family neat and organized with the Bobino Key Clip ($3.95) and Cord Wrap ($3.95), which will make life on the go a breeze.
- Hammond’s Candies Holiday Sweet Shop: We offer a variety of old fashioned, delicious confections including Peppermint Cocoas Stirrers ($4.95), Cinnamon Candy Coal ($3.95), the Mini Ribbon Candy Mix gift bag ($6.95) and more.
Other hot giftables for this holiday season include exclusive Elf on the Shelf ornaments, figural decorative and wonderfully fragrant holiday candles, designer smartphone and tablet cases, holiday Smencils gourmet-scented pencils and a collection of Doctor Who gift items. Barnes & Noble also offers an extensive selection of holiday boxed cards and gift wrap including many from UNICEF, available at 30% off.
Elegant Coffee, Chocolates, Teas and Treats from the Barnes & Noble Café
The Barnes & Noble Café has a wonderful assortment of gifts, perfect for that “hard-to-buy-for person” on your list and for those who appreciate a decadent indulgence.
- Starbucks Coffees: Among the great holiday offerings are limited time only Starbucks coffees, including the new Holiday Blend($14.95), specially crafted for an elegant and smooth taste. Also available are Starbucks Coffee Samplers with six individual portion packs for only $15.95.
- Godiva Holiday Collections: Celebrate the magic of the holiday season with Godiva Holiday Collections, taking inspiration from festive lights and twinkling ornaments to create the perfect gift for any chocolate lover, available starting at $6.50.
- Harney & Son’s Fine Teas: Make the holiday special with the Historic Royal Palace inspired Holiday Tea and White Christmas Tea, starting at $10.95.
- Harry & David’s Seasonal Selections: For even more irresistible and indulgent treats this holiday, customers can experience Harry & David’s seasonal selections at the Barnes & Noble Café, including the holiday favorite Moose Munch® and other assortments, starting at $9.95.
There’s Still Time for Free Shipping for the Holidays on BN.com
Barnes & Noble offers free shipping options to make it easy for customers to send gifts in time for the holidays*, including free express shipping for Barnes & Noble Members on orders placed by December 19 at 11 a.m. ET, with guaranteed delivery by December 24.
Member Program Adds Extra Value This Holiday Season
For even greater value this holiday season, customers are invited to join the Barnes & Noble Member program. Designed for Barnes & Noble’s most loyal customers, the Barnes & Noble Membership program gives Members 40% off all hardcover bestsellers in stores every day and 10% off virtually everything else in Barnes & Noble stores, including Café items, throughout the year. Members also benefit from free express shipping on all online purchases at BN.com and receive exclusive savings offers throughout the year. The annual fee is only $25.
A Great In-Store Experience
Barnes & Noble stores are places of discovery, with a huge selection of bestselling and classic books for kids and adults, an unmatched selection of top magazines and periodicals in the newsstand and a vast selection of gifts, toy & games, digital products and more to be experienced throughout the store. Customers can get expert recommendations from experienced and knowledgeable booksellers, or curl up with a book and enjoy a holiday beverage from the Barnes & Noble Café. No other store offers such a broad array of products to discover and experience in a welcoming and open environment for everyone in the family.
*Terms and conditions and exclusions apply, see BN.com for details.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 673 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store® (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 695 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
NOOK®, NOOK Store®, NOOK Video™, and NOOK Video Apps™ are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. Other trademarks referenced in this release are the property of their respective owners.