Every week at billionairesportfolio.com we look for investment ideas using a series of simple, yet powerful, screens. The goal is to identify stocks where the potential reward greatly outweighs the risk. Finding stocks with these asymmetrical risk/reward characteristics is the genesis of deep value investing.
In addition to searching through SEC filings for investors that are building controlling interests in companies, we like to run a series screens to try and find stocks that have a 100% to 200% potential upside combined with limited downside risk.
In running our screens for this week in November, the following five stocks have hit our radar as high potential, deep value candidates. These stocks have an average analyst price target that is at least 100% higher than its current share price.
1) Amarin Corporation plc (ADR) (NASDAQ:AMRN) has a current share price $1.52. The consensus analyst target price is $4.00. That gives us a “street projected return” of 163%.
2) Amicus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOLD) has a current share price $2.05. The consensus analyst target price is $4.50. That gives us a “street projected return” of 119%.
3) Nuverra Environmental Solutions (NYSE:NES) has a current share price of $1.53. The consensus analyst target price is $3.56. That gives us a “street projected return” of 132%.
4) Sequenom Inc. (NASDAQ:SQNM) has a current share price $2.11. The consensus analyst target price is $6.17. That gives us a “street projected return” of 192%.
5) Turquoise Hill Resources LTD. (NYSE:TRQ) has a current share price $4.62. The consensus analyst target price is $11.33. That gives us a “street projected return” of 145%.
To receive our weekly email of top value stocks that hedge funds, private equity firm and/or billionaire investors own, email us at The Billionaires Portfolio.
William Meade is the President of Pure Alpha Research, a hedge fund consulting and investment research firm. He is the former Director of Research at Zacks Investment Research in Chicago. Before that, he was the lead analyst at a top performing $1.2 Billion dollar institutional investment firm and hedge fund. Mr. Meade has a Masters in Applied Economics from The Johns Hopkins University. Learn more about William Meade and how he follows Billionaire Investors into stocks by visiting the Billionaires Portfolio.You are viewing an abbreviated republication of ETF Daily News content. You can find full ETF Daily News articles on (www.etfdailynews.com)