June 20, 2013 /3BL Media/ - We appreciate your interest in AMD and our commitment to corporate responsibility. This is our 18th consecutive annual corporate responsibility report. Our information is available in several formats to engage the broadest possible audience:
- A detailed report covering all aspects of AMD’s corporate responsibility programs.
- A brief summary of AMD’s programs and recent progress available as a downloadable PDF
- A tablet application for iPad and Android that includes a summary of progress and additional content in the form of videos, interactive graphics and links to our web pages.
- A refreshed website at www.amd.com/corporateresponsibility.
Report highlights include:
- Our detailed report has again been verified by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) as fulfilling the requirements of Application Level A.
- Rory Read, AMD President and CEO shares his views on the continued importance of corporate responsibility to our culture and our business.
- AMD was added to Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s top 100 Best Corporate Citizens, and the AMD Foundation was named 2013 Computerworld Honors Laureate for innovative STEM education for the second consecutive year.
- Our signature education program, AMD Changing the Game, has now reached more than 200,000 students worldwide. The goal for this program is to reach one million students by 2020.
- All current environmental goals are on track or ahead of target. Two new environmental goals were announced: 10 percent project-based reductions of greenhouse gas emissions and water use (2012-2017).
- AMD cloud technology innovations are being used to help address some of the world’s challenges, from making datacenters more efficient and sustainable to advancing health care technologies. Examples are showcased.
- Our internal global cloud network demonstrates our commitment to data center efficiency. It is one of the world’s largest private clouds for engineering design and supported by our LEED-certified data center near Atlanta, Georgia.
Please contact us with your comments and input on how we can continue to improve our corporate responsibility programs and reporting going forward.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD’s server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD’s superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
KEYWORDS: Environment, Corporate Social Responsibility, csr, AMD, Advanced Micro Devices, Corporate Responsibility, GRI, STEM, Education, changing the game, greenhouse gas, health care, LEED