PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/13 -- Being socially responsible towards our society and towards the environment is becoming an essential part of our daily business life. At the Prague Marriott Hotel, we are continuously working on ideas to preserve our natural resources and take our commitment to protect the environment very seriously.
In May 2013, the Prague Marriott Hotel received the "EKO Gold" certification, which confirms that the hotel in Prague's city centre is using "green energy" -- 100% supplied by electricity from renewable resources.
Following the brand's pioneering spirit for sustainable hotel management, the Prague Marriott also launched the "Green Events" initiative in 2009, applying the principles of "reduce," "reuse" and "recycle" to all events and meetings in an effort to maintain a greener planet. By supporting eco-friendly programs, this Prague business hotel is assisting guests and event planners to reduce their environmental impact.
Other practices initiated by the Prague Marriott include:
- Installation of a kitchen block, using induction units and saving up to 80 percent of gas and electricity.
- Installation of technology to reduce water consumption by 40 percent without decreasing the comfort level of guests.
- Use of suppliers of cleaning products that apply responsible care principles in product development, technical operations and service processes.
- Use of recycling bins for separating hotel waste.
- Use of Forest Stewardship Council paper products where possible.
- Implementation of linen reuse program that allows guests to choose whether or not to have their linens replaced daily.
- Installation of halogen bulbs in all corridors and energy saving bulbs in all guest rooms, saving up to 80 percent in energy usage.
In addition to these steps, the Prague Marriott also participates in the annual Earth Hour, joining Marriott hotels and resorts worldwide in turning out the lights for one hour.
About Marriott International
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, INC. (NYSE: MAR) is a leading lodging company with more than 3,500 lodging properties in 70 countries and territories. Marriott International operates and franchises hotels under the Marriott, JW Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Courtyard, TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites and Bulgari brand names; develops and operates vacation ownership resorts under the Marriott Vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, and Grand Residences by Marriott brands; licenses and manages whole-ownership residential brands, including The Ritz-Carlton Residences, JW Marriott Residences and Marriott Residences; operates Marriott Executive Apartments; provides furnished corporate housing through its Marriott ExecuStay division; and operates conference centers. The company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and had approximately 137,000 employees at 2009 year-end. It is ranked as the lodging industry's most admired company and one of the best companies to work for by FORTUNE, and by Newsweek as one of the greenest big companies in America. In fiscal year 2009, Marriott International reported sales from continuing operations of nearly $11 billion. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2315548
Prague Marriott Hotel
V Celnici 8
Prague, 110 00 Czech Republic