A new study released today by global cross-channel digital marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) found online Brazilians interact with brands on Facebook and Twitter more than any other non-U.S. market.
Based on surveys from online consumers in Australia, Brazil, France, Germany and the U.K., ExactTarget’s 2013 Global Executive Summary is the latest report in ExactTarget’s SUBSCRIBERS, FANS & FOLLOWERS series to identify consumer behavior across email, Facebook and Twitter.
Key findings of the research include:
- 78 of online French consumers check email first thing in the morning, compared to 46 percent in Brazil
- 53 percent of Brazilian subscribers subscribe to brands’ email programs to stay up-to-date with a company’s products, services and offerings, compared to 34 percent in the U.K.
- 47 percent of online Australian consumers check email as their last online activity, compared to 34 percent in Germany
- 77 percent of online Brazilian consumers “Like” a company on Facebook, compared to 43 percent in France
- 27 percent of Australian consumers check Facebook as their last online activity, compared to 18 in Germany
- 29 percent of French Facebook users “Like” a brand on Facebook to receive discounts, compared to 49 percent in the U.K.
- 26 percent of online Brazilian consumers Follow a company on Twitter, compared to 7 percent in Germany
- 47 percent of French Twitter users follow brands to stay up-to-date with a company’s products, services or offerings, compared to 45 percent in Australia
- 42 percent of U.K. Twitter users follow brands for information related to their personal interests, compared to 31 in France
“Digital marketing provides an unparalleled opportunity to transform global business, empowering brands to leverage data to power personalized messages across the channels consumers use most,” said Tim Kopp, ExactTarget’s chief marketing officer. “ExactTarget’s Global Executive Summary provides global marketers the comprehensive insight they need to interact with today’s hyper-connected consumers across email, Facebook and Twitter.”
To download ExactTarget’s Global Executive Summary research report, click here.
The debut of ExactTarget’s Global Executive Summary follows the release of a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of ExactTarget. The October 2012 study, entitled “The Key to Successful Cross-Channel Marketing,” found 35 percent of marketers ranked managing marketing campaigns across multiple marketing point solutions as one of their greatest challenges - despite 78 percent who said they believe cross-channel marketing is important or very important to their business. To download a complimentary copy of the study, visit www.exacttarget.com/CrossChannelStudy.
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing software-as-a-service solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, Web and marketing automation. ExactTarget’s suite of integrated applications enable marketers to plan, automate, deliver and optimize data-driven digital marketing and real-time communications to drive customer engagement, increase sales and improve return on marketing investment. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with offices in North America, Europe, South America and Australia, ExactTarget trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “ET.” For more information, visit www.ExactTarget.com.