The latest news and events on CSR, human rights and supply chain management from Social Accountability International (SAI)
SAI's newsletter is a monthly online publication, covering the latest news from SAI including CSR and supply chain management insight from the field, SAI program updates from around the world, Social Fingerprint®, SA8000 certification statistics, upcoming events and training seminars on SA8000 & the UN Guiding Principles for Business & Human Rights, job opportunities, and more. The newsletter aims to provide readers with a glimpse into the impact of our mission, and its multi-stakeholder approach to achieving decent workplaces around the world.
The Business Case for Gender Equality
Women's Empowerment Principles: inclusion is a strategy for change
Fire Safety a Key Focus in SA8000 Revision
The SA8000 Standard and Guidance revision will provide considerably more specifics on fire safety
Implementing the UN Guiding Principles in Zimbabwe's Mining Industry
'Pillars in Practice' partner ZELA to engage local stakeholders on human rights & business topics
Corporate Member Spotlight: EILEEN FISHER
The company's 'Ampersand' campaign offers a storytelling portal to share its broader efforts for human rights and sustainability
Infosys Hosts Dialogue on UN Guiding Principles in India
At the 'CEO Forum' SAI discusses implementation of Guiding Principles for Business & Human Rights in the Indian context
Call for Suppliers: Brazil Worker Engagement Program
SAI invites São Paulo factories to join the Worker Engagement Program to improve health & safety systems
Implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
How can companies embed the principles into daily business practices?
NGO Voice: ISEAL at SAI's Guiding Principles Course
ISEAL Alliance's M & E Coordinator describes how the course relates to its mission
SAI Team Grows in NYC: Alex Katz
SAI is very pleased to welcome Alex Katz as Senior Manager, Stakeholder Relations & Research
SA8000 Auditor Training in Dhaka
Basic SA8000 Auditor Training course in Dhaka, Bangladesh on February 17-21, 2013 with SAI Lead Trainer Badri Gulur
- CPR Training in the Workplace | On March 26, SAI was trained by the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) in the lifesaving CPR technique. Check outhttp://on.nyc.gov/XdI0Tv to organize or attend a free CPR training class or watch a video on YouTube - http://bit.ly/YEhfqH. You can also download a free mobile app - FDNY Lifesaver. Special thanks to the FDNY EMT's from the CPR Training Unit David Weissman and Michael Koenke!
- 'Closing the Mobile Gender Gap | 'Labor Link, the mobile technology initiative by Good World Solutions - a partner in SAI's Brazil Worker Engagement Program - was profiled in this Huffington Post article. This initiative was also a finalist in the 2013 Global Mobile Awards. Read the article:http://huff.to/100qVtU
- ISEAL Alliance Opens Consultation for Credibility Principles | ISEAL is leading a global consultation to generate consensus on a set of Credibility Principles that represent the core values upon which effective standards are built. The second consultation of the draft principles are open until April 30. Learn more & watch a short video: http://bit.ly/11Ag0s8
- The Trader Joe's Lesson: How to Pay a Living Wage and Still Make Money in Retail | The Atlantic's article explains that companies that invest in higher salaries for low-level employees find success in a competitive market. Read it: http://bit.ly/YV0cwm
- Investing the Rights Way - A Guide for Investors on Business & Human Rights | The IHRB, in collaboration with Calvert Investments and ICCR, released this guide to shows investors how to effectively integrate human rights into investment decision-making and corporate engagement. Learn more:http://bit.ly/YqLbcp
- Oxfam Launches 'Behind the Brands' Initiative | As part of Oxfam's Grow Campaign, this initiative assesses the social and environmental impacts of the world's ten largest food and beverage companies and calls on them to take the critical next steps to create a just food system. Learn more:behindthebrands.org.
Social Accountability International
KEYWORDS: Events, Conferences & Webinars, Gender, genderequality, sa8000, firesafety, guidingprinciples, humanrights, zimbabwe, Mining, extractives, eileenfisher, csr, India, Bangladesh, Infosys, Brazil, workerengagement, healthsafety, ngovoice, isealalliance, alexkatz, stakeholderengagement, dhaka, cprtraining
http://on.fb.me/Y8aSMA | www.sa-intl.org/news " />