GreenPointe Homes’ Intelligent Green Program Proves to be Popular Among Homeowners
GreenPointe Homes, award-winning homebuilder in the master-planned community of Southern Hills Plantation Club, has committed to responsible building practices and developed an Intelligent Green program that has won favor with homeowners.
PR Log - Mar 21, 2013 - “We created the Intelligent Green program to benefit both today’s homebuyers and the environment,” said Roger Postlethwaite, president of GreenPointe Homes. “It is very important that our homeowners have products in their homes that aren’t only better for the environment, but better for their home, their family and their budget.”
The Intelligent Green program is implemented in all GreenPointe Homes so that residents would enjoy added value of the energy efficiency and indoor air quality. GreenPointe Homes’ approach to green building places an emphasis on technologies that directly affect the cost of total home ownership as well as construction products and processes that lend sustainability to building homes. Some of these technologies include:
• Radiant barrier roof sheathing, which considerably lowers solar heat gain into the homes, is installed in the attic to lower attic temperatures and reduce strain on air conditioning equipment.
• Kitchens and bathrooms are equipped with water-saving dishwashers, toilets and plumbing fixtures.
• Low-E Windows are designed specifically for the geographical area in which the home is built in order to maintain heat in the home during the winter and maintain cool temperatures in the home during the summer air conditioning season.
• Advanced techniques to ensure an infiltration-free building are also included in all homes.
• Programmable thermostat to save energy by allowing multiple time and temperature settings.
• Advanced framing techniques result in tighter construction and reduced thermal bridging, allowing greater benefits from property installed insulation.
• Air pressure balancing incorporated into each home, providing balanced pressure from room to room resulting in better circulation of air and more even temperatures throughout the homes.
GreenPointe Homes partnered with BSB Design to create the Pinemore model’s convenient design for a casual lifestyle while maintaining the architectural integrity of Southern Hills Plantation Club. The interior and exterior living spaces of The Pinemore were designed by award-winning design firm Sisler Johnston Interior Designs. A stunning 41-foot covered lanai with a summer kitchen offers outdoor living at its finest. The indoor kitchen features designed cabinetry with granite countertops, spacious island and GE appliances including a gas range/self-cleaning oven combo, microwave and Energy Star rated-dishwasher.
The home’s two-car garage also includes additional flexible space that could be used for a golf cart, home office or hobby room. The Pinemore spans almost 3,000 square feet of comfortable and flexible living space and pricing starts at $270,000.
Learn more about Southern Hills Plantation Club on their Website