The report examines the role of the company in the societies and economies where it operates, and shows how the company is working to enhance safety and risk management and earn back trust
SOURCE: CorporateRegister.com Ltd
March 20, 2013 /3BL Media/ - In a world where demand for energy is increasing, BP’s Sustainability Review 2012, examines the role of BP in the societies and economies where it operates, and shows how BP is working to enhance safety and risk management and earn back trust.
- How BP is taking steps to manage risk and mitigate environmental and social impacts.
- Q&As with BP employees on climate change, environmental targets, safety indicators and contractor management.
- BP’s view on meeting the energy challenge: meeting growing demand for secure, affordable energy while addressing issues such as climate change.
- An update on BP’s work following the Gulf of Mexico accident, including economic and environmental restoration.
- How BP is aligning with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, including details of BP’s human rights policy.
- Data on safety, environmental and social performance.
bp.com/sustainability and bp.com/gulfofmexico contain additional information on these subjects, as well as interactive tools to help you access local environmental information from BP’s major operating sites and to filter global HSE data to meet your specific interests. You can also download booklets on oil sands, hydraulic fracturing and the Energy Sustainability Challenge.
Feedback from investors, employees, industry associations, sustainability specialists, peer companies, non-governmental organizations and the media, helped shape BP’s report. The report has been externally assured and applies the Global Reporting Initiative G3.1 guidelines and oil and gas sector supplement to an A+ application level.
Visit bp.com/sustainability to view the full online report and to download the Sustainability Review 2012 pdf.
BP would appreciate your feedback on their reporting. After you have had a chance to read their report, please visit bp.com/sustainabilityfeedback. The survey should only take you about 15 minutes. Answers are confidential and your identity anonymous.
About BP p.l.c.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies, providing its customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, retail services and petrochemicals products for everyday items. The company has nearly 86,000 employees in more than 70 countries.
Tweet me: ReportAlert.info - BP (LON:BP) publishes Sustainability Review 2012 http://3bl.me/nf3pn3 @ReportAlert @CorpReg #CSR
KEYWORDS: BP, Oil & Gas, sustainability, Corporate Responsibility, csr, Reporting