SCHILLER PARK, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 03/19/13 -- Life Fitness, the global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing, introduces new colors for the next generation of the Elevation Series Treadmills, Cross-Trainers and Lifecyle Exercise Bikes with Discover Tablet Consoles. As demand for customization within the industry grows, these new color choices allow facilities to further differentiate themselves and offer exercisers a unique experience. The Elevation Series colors, which now include Arctic Silver, Titanium Storm, Black Onyx and Diamond White, can complement the tone of a facility and provide a fresh feel.
The new Discover SE and Discover SI Tablet Consoles are the first to sync with the Android mobile devices, in addition to Apple iOS, and feature an ultra-responsive touch screen with Swipe Technology for superior navigation and a more personalized experience.
Discover cardio products integrate with Life Fitness' new LFconnect technology, a cloud-based solution that allows facility owners and managers to customize available content to exercisers and enables free asset management. LFconnect also gives exercisers log-in capabilities, personalization options and workout recommendations, made popular by the original Life Fitness Virtual Trainer website. With LFconnect, exercisers will be able to access personal online content and navigate the web directly from the equipment, as well as create their own workout programs and set content preferences.
"Our research indicates that more than 95 percent of exercisers desire access to online content on equipment," said Dan Wille, vice president of global marketing and product development for Life Fitness. "This new line of Discover open platform products gives exercisers unprecedented access to not just online content like YouTube and Facebook, but the latest fitness applications and custom entertainment. At the same time, these products offer expanded personalization options for facilities, allowing them to customize the products and enhance the exercise space."
New Elevation Series open platform products include:
- Discover SE Treadmill (19" LCD touch screen)
- Discover SE Cross-Trainers and Bikes (16" LCD touch screen)
- Discover SI Treadmill, Cross-Trainers and Bikes (10" LCD touch screen)
Key features include:
- Expanded Color Options: in addition to Arctic Silver, new premium colors include Titanium Storm, Black Onyx and Diamond White. The Elevation Series Treadmills also offer a treadmill end cap, further improving the look of the product.
- LFopen Platform Products: open API (Application Programming Interface), making Life Fitness the first fitness equipment-maker to open its product platform and allow developer access.
- Apple and Android Compatibility: first exercise equipment to sync with the Android operating system and will continue to link with Apple devices, including the iPad. Exercisers will have access to their personal library of music, videos, apps and books. The equipment has charging capabilities.
- Surface Capacitive Touch Screen with Swipe Technology: functions much like other personal electronic devices such as tablets, with hyper-sensitive response, making it easier to navigate between high-definition screens.
- Ethernet and Wireless Connectivity: allowing for a reliable and consistent connection to online content that provides integration to asset management tools and remote software upgrades for facilities.
- Interactive Lifescape Courses: six exclusive, high-definition hikes, runs and bikes through famous locations around the world with integrated machine controls that adjust video speed to that of the exerciser, and resistance to match the terrain.
- On-Demand Content (Music Videos, TV Shows*): access a wide selection of music videos and TV programming on equipment.
For more information on Life Fitness visit www.LifeFitness.com/Discoverproducts.
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing. The company manufactures and sells strength and cardiovascular equipment under the brand names Life Fitness and Hammer Strength and distributes its equipment in more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago, in Schiller Park, Ill., Life Fitness is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).
*On-Demand TV Show not available outside the U.S.