Voip-Pal.Com Inc. ("Voip-Pal", "Company") (OTC Pink: VPLM) is pleased to announce a status update of its portfolio of Patent Pending Applications.
Voip-Pal's portfolio of Patent Applications are part of Voip-Pal's wholly owned subsidiary Digifonica (International) Limited ("Digifonica"), a private company registered in Gibraltar. Voip-Pal/Digifonica's patent portfolio covers major groundwork in modern VoIP communication and the Company believes that it paves the path to future VoIP development. The patent portfolio includes Lawful Intercept, RBR ("Routing, Billing and Rating engine"), Mobile Gateway, Enhanced 911 and Advanced Interoperability Solutions.
- Lawful Intercept: ("Intercepting VoIP communications and other data communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100150138 , (Link to Lawful Intercept USPTO filing): Notice of Allowance is currently issued by USPTO. The advantage of this patent application is that it is truly undetectable by the intercept target; as opposed to many prior art technologies. Various governments are considering legislating Lawful Intercept as a mandatory technology for any VoIP provider. For example, "India, along with many other countries, believes the device and the Blackberry infrastructure used by business customers are a threat to national security." Government officials believe that VoIP systems could be used by militants and insurgents as a communication hub that could, for example, lead to an attack similar to the 2008 attack on Mumbai that left 166 people dead.
- Routing, Billing and Rating engine (RBR): ("Producing routing messages for VoIP communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100150328, (Link to RBR USPTO filing): Currently under USPTO prosecution. The Company believes that this patent application technology will be the foundation of any modern commercial VoIP system. It has taken millions of investment dollars and years to develop and solidify into perhaps the most important architectural solution for VoIP.
- Mobile Gateway: US Patent Application, Publication No. 20110122827 , (Link to Mobile Gateway USPTO filing): Currently under USPTO prosecution. The Company believes that Mobile Gateway technology can be applied to any modern cell phone allowing Internet calls to be transparent for the users. All current commercial techniques for making cell phone Internet calls require the users to make additional actions, which are not necessary with the Mobile Gateway patent application.
- Enhanced 911: ("Emergency Assistance calling for VoIP communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100172345, (Link to Enhanced 911 USPTO filing): Currently under USPTO prosecution. This patent application technology satisfies the major requirement for emergency response system which is the ability to call back the person on emergency if he drops the call.
- Advanced Interoperability Solutions: ("Uninterrupted Transmission of Internet Protocol Transmissions during Endpoint Changes") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20120170574, (Link to Advanced Interoperability Solutions USPTO filing): Currently under USPTO prosecution. This patent application technology demonstrates the future of Internet voice communication calls should not be dropped when roaming from one transport provider to another.
About Voip-Pal's wholly owned subsidiary, Digifonica (International) LimitedDigifonica (International) Limited ("Digifonica") was originally incorporated as Digifonica International Inc. in 2004 and listed on the TSX stock exchange (DIL-H). The company raised more than $15M of investments into research and development of the most advanced VoIP technologies. It employed approximately 20 developers, some of them being well-known in VoIP industry, who built an integrated white-labelled VoIP system, which can be deployed for new Internet Telephony providers in matter of minutes. The goal was two-fold:
- Provide scalable and the most cost-effective solution for partners, when prices for Internet calls go down to zero
- Comply with government regulations of Internet communications against illegal activities
Soon after the first production-grade system was released for partners, it became clear that architectural solutions developed and operated by Digifonica, were highly advanced in the industry and required protection. Digifonica decided to dedicate sufficient resources, both human and financial, to work with the top Canadian firm practising in intellectual property - Smart & Biggar. That cooperation produced the results: Digifonica filed overall 5 patent applications, starting from 2007. The Patent Applications were all filed initially as PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty) applications, came through International phase, then entered National phases in many countries around the world, first of all in US Canada and Europe. They are all in different stages of prosecution.
About Voip-Pal.Com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is a broadband VoIP telecom company offering local and long distance VoIP services to residential and business customers. The company also provides VoIP communication and reseller solutions for its partners. Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is the enabler of international calls using VoIP technology on the internet, smartphones and PC Tablets. Voip-Pal's goal is to provide a quality, high-speed and cost-effective telephone solution for the casual and business international traveler who must rely on their smartphones, laptops or tablets in order to communicate. Voip-Pal.Com, through its wholly owned subsidiary Digifonica (International) Limited ("Digifonica"), is a technical leader in the VoIP services market which had revenues of $58 Billion in 2011 and is experiencing double digit year-over-year growth. The addition of Digifonica's Patent Pending Application portfolio greatly enhances shareholder value and will contribute to significant revenue growth for Voip-Pal.Com.
Retail Website: www.platinumphone.com.
Corporate Website: www.voip-pal.com
Company Contact: email@example.com
IR inquiries: IR@voip-pal.com
US Telephone IR Contact: (954) 495-4600
Stock Quote: www.otcmarkets.com/stock/VPLM/quote
All statements contained in this news release, other than those identifying historical facts, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Safe Harbor provisions as contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements relating to the Company's future expectations, including but not limited to revenues and earnings, technology efficacy, strategies and plans, are subject to safe harbors protection. Actual Company results and performance may be materially different from any future results, performance, strategies, plans, or achievements that may be expressed or implied by any such forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Voip-Pal.Com Inc.