CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/13 -- The Construction Writers Association (CWA) is accepting speaker proposals for the upcoming annual conference -- CONNECTED 2013 -- that will be held October 21-22, 2013 in Chicago. CWA is celebrating its 55th anniversary as an association. This is a two-day conference includes the presentation of awards at the Grand Awards Dinner and a construction tour. The deadline to submit speaker proposals is Friday, March 15, 2013.
Potential ideas for submittals are:
- Economic Forecast & Impact-total and by market type
- Engineering-new or current applications and technologies
- Equipment-new or current applications and technologies
- Green Buildings or LEED
- Leadership-brilliant and awesome leaders or visionary concepts
- Marketing Communications-best practices, ideas and visionary concepts
- Media-new innovations or ideas
- Public Relations-best practices, ideas and visionary concepts
- Recycling Ideas-buildings or products
- Roundtable Topics-topics applicable to 20-30 minute sessions
- Social Media-ideas, perceptions, innovative use and practices
- Specific markets: building types, roads, bridges or infrastructure projects
- Top Construction Projects-national and international
- Subjects related to renovation and preservation of historic landmarks
- Safety practices-innovative
- Subjects related to building near bodies of water
- Other topics and idea are welcome
The meeting location will be in downtown Chicago near the Magnificent Mile. Chicago is one of the most beautiful cities in the United States with an abundance of architecture, museums and shopping. Hotel and other conference details will be announced in March.
Speakers should complete the speaker proposal form to provide a brief overview of your proposed idea, speakers and main points of your presentation or program. All sections must be completed at the time of submittal. Send the completed form to CWA at email@example.com by Friday, March 15, 2013. All submittals must state in the email subject line: "2013 Annual Conference Proposal."
If you have any questions, contact Deborah J. Hodges, Executive Director, 1-773-687-8726 or Tim Gregorski, 2013 annual conference chair.
For more information about CWA's annual conference, visit the Events section of the CWA Web site. To join the outstanding sponsors of this event and be recognized as a supporter of journalists, writers, and marketing communicators in the construction industry, contact Deborah Hodges, CWA executive director, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1(773) 687-8726.
The Construction Writers Association (CWA), founded in 1958, is a non-profit, non-partisan, international organization that provides a forum for journalism, photography, marketing, and communications professionals in all segments of the construction industry to connect with other professionals and enhance skills through education.
For more information contact:
Construction Writers Association