AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comverge director of utility sales for the Southwest Region Ed Reyes will participate in a panel on the topic of demand response at ERCOT Market Summit 2013. Bringing together policy-makers, senior executives and other industry stakeholders, the conference will examine policy changes needed to motivate new generation, increased demand response and energy storage to help solve energy resource adequacy problems. The conference takes place at The Driskill Hotel in Austin, Texas from February 11–13, 2013.
Moderated by National Economic Research Associates (NERA) Economic Consulting, the panel presentation will feature Reyes along with industry leaders from Good Company Associates, Reliant Energy and North America Power Partners LLC to discuss the role demand response can play in addressing resource adequacy problems facing the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT). During the panel, Reyes will share insights from Comverge on how demand response programs can quickly and cost-effectively help address both short-term and future energy resource issues.
- What: Panel Presentation: "Demand Response in the ERCOT Market - Can It Play a Leading Role in Solving Resource Adequacy Problems?"
- When: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. CT
- Where: The Driskill Hotel - 604 Brazos St., Austin, Texas 78701
- Who: Moderator: Jonathan Falk, Vice President, NERA Economic Consulting
- Ed Reyes, Director of Utility Sales, Southwest Region, Comverge
- Robert King, President, Good Company Associates
- Derek Mauzy, Director, Innovation and New Products, Reliant Energy
- Laurie Wiegand-Jackson, President & Chief Executive Officer, North America Power Partners LLC
To learn more about the ERCOT Market Summit 2013 or register for the event, please visit http://infocastinc.com/events/ercot-13
Comverge delivers a comprehensive suite of intelligent energy management solutions that enable utilities, grid operators, and commercial and industrial organizations to optimize their energy usage in order to reduce costs, meet regulatory requirements, and support sustainability initiatives. With 30 years of experience helping customers implement innovative Demand-Side Management programs, Comverge has deployed more than five and a half million energy management devices, recruited over one million residential customers into mass market demand response programs, and served thousands of commercial & industrial customers. For more information, visit www.comverge.com and follow us on Twitter at @Comverge.
The Comverge, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15307
CONTACT: For Additional Information Jason Cigarran Vice President, Marketing Comverge, Inc. 678-823-6784 firstname.lastname@example.org