ICR, one of the largest independent financial communications firms in North America, today announced the 10 picks for the best restaurant stock of 2013 made by a slate of leading sell side research analysts at the 15th Annual ICR XChange, which was held January 15-17, 2013 in Miami, Florida.
Nicole Miller Regan, Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst at Piper Jaffray, was the winner of 2012’s stock pick competition for her choice of Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ: SONC), which rose 54.7 percent in 2012. As a group, the stocks selected as part of last year’s competition rose 19.6 percent in 2012.
“Naming the restaurant stocks most likely to outperform in the year ahead has become a tradition that many of us look forward to at the ICR XChange each year. An investor who purchased the entire recommended list for 2012, would have achieved an impressive 19.6 percent return for the year,” said Tom Ryan, Chief Executive Officer, ICR. “We congratulate Nicole Miller Regan for making the best pick for 2012 and look forward to seeing what 2013 holds for the stocks identified at this year’s event.”
The participating analysts’ predictions for the best performing restaurant stock of 2013 include:
- Bravo Brio Restaurant Group, Inc (NASDAQ: BBRG) – Andy Barish, Managing Director and Senior Equity Research Analyst, Jefferies Group, Inc.
- Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT) – Jeffrey Bernstein, Director and Senior Research Analyst, Barclays
- Burger King Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: BKW) – Nicole Miller Regan, Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst, Piper Jaffray
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) – David Tarantino, Associate Director of Research, Senior Research Analyst, Robert W. Baird
- Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: DFRG) – Paul Westra, Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst, Cowen Group
- Ignite Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IRG) – Matt DiFrisco, Director and Senior Analyst, Lazard Capital Markets
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) – Will Slabaugh, Vice President and Research Analyst, Stephens Inc.
- Panera Bread Co. (NASDAQ: PNRA) – Keith Siegner, Director, Equity Research, Credit Suisse
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (NASDAQ: RRGB) – Bryan Elliott, Managing Director of Equity Research and Brian Vaccaro, Senior Research Associate, Raymond James & Associates
- Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX) – Greg Badishkanian, Managing Director and Senior Restaurant and Leisure Analyst, Citi
Established in 1998, ICR is consistently ranked as one of the top independent financial communications firms in North America, and in 2011 was ranked as the 8th largest independent communications firm overall. ICR specializes in investor relations, corporate and crisis communications and digital media, and represents more than 350 public and private companies across more than twenty different sectors. The firm maintains offices in Norwalk, Conn., New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston and Beijing.
About ICR XChange
The ICR XChange is a unique platform where public and private company management teams, institutional investors, sell-side research analysts, investment bankers, private equity professionals and select media connect with one another with the goal of understanding consumer trends and public company prospects as the year begins. The event is one of the largest investment conferences of the year, featuring presentations by more than 150 public and private companies, with attendance regularly exceeding 1,500.
For more information please visit www.icrxchange.com.