SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced that two leading storage industry publications have named Quantum data protection products as finalists in their annual Product of the Year Awards. The DXi V1000 virtual deduplication appliance is a finalist in Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com's 2012 awards in the Backup and Disaster Recovery Software and Services category, while the DXi6701/02 midrange deduplication appliance is a finalist in the Network Computing 2013 Awards in the Storage Product category.
Quantum's DXi V1000 is the first virtual appliance that combines the power and flexibility of target-based deduplication with the simplicity and affordability of an integrated virtual appliance to provide cost-effective backup and DR protection. Hundreds of customers have downloaded the free Standard Edition of DXi V1000, which stores up to 15 TB of deduplicated data, since Quantum began offering it in November.
The DXi6701/02, which has been widely adopted by customers around the world, was developed on the premise that customers shouldn't have to make trade-offs in terms of features, performance and price when choosing a deduplication solution.
"Whether customers are storing data in a physical, virtual or cloud environment, the DXi® platform maximizes disk savings, minimizes restore SLAs and provides a backup and DR solution that can ensure their data is protected, even as their infrastructure evolves," noted Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum. "The DXi V1000 and DXi6701/02 have been consistently recognized across the globe for the superior technology and value they offer for data protection."
Over the last year, Quantum data protection products have received numerous accolades:
- The DXi V1000 was named "Virtualization Product of the Year" at the 2012 Storage, Virtualisation and Cloud Computing (SVC) Awards.
- The DXi6700 Series of disk backup, deduplication and replication appliances was named "Disk-Based Product of the Year - Enterprise" at the 2012 Storage Awards: The Storries IX.
- The DXi6700 was named Storage Product of the Year at the 2012 Network Computing Awards.
- Quantum's vmPRO virtual data protection solution won the "Backup Hardware Product of the Year" category in Storage Magazine/SearchStorage.com's 2011 Products of the
Storage magazine will announce the 2012 Products of the Year winners in the February issue. Network Computing will announce the winners of its 2013 awards at a ceremony March 14 in London.
- To vote for Quantum's DXi6701/02 as Storage Product of the Year at the 2013 Network Computing Awards, visit: http://www.networkcomputingawards.co.uk and click "Vote Now"
- For a free download of DXi V1000 capable of storing up to 15 TB of deduplicated data, visit: http://forms.quantum.com/Software/v1000/download.aspx
- To compute deduplication cost savings for a backup environment with the Quantum ROI Calculator, visit: www.quantum.com/roicalculator
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and DXi are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using DXi appliances and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such appliances are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.