SOURCE: Cabot Creamery Cooperative
CABOT, VT, January 22, 2013 /3BL Media/ - With the biggest sporting event of the year less than two weeks away, now is the time to start thinking about your big game party. On February 3rd, San Francisco will battle Baltimore in The Big Easy for the most coveted trophy in American sports. And adding to the drama, this is the first time ever that brothers will coach two rival teams, hailing from almost exact opposite locations along their respective coasts. This year’s game is sure to be anything but ordinary, and Cabot Creamery Cooperative - best known as the makers of the “World’s Best Cheddar” - wants to make sure your big game party is nothing short of superb.
“Last year, an estimated 111 million people watched the game,” says Candace Karu, Cabot’s Lifestyle Commentator and Favorite Foodie. “Of course, that translates to a lot of big game parties, and while everyone loves watching the game, we all know the real attraction is the food. To help separate your party from the pack this year, Cabot is showcasing nearly two-dozen bold and tasty Superb Bowl recipes, which feature our award winning cheddars and Greek-Style Yogurt.”
Cabot snacks, like Hot as a Torch! Jalapeno Poppers, BBQ Yogurt Dip, Touchdown Dip, and Badass Nachos, are sure to bring more excitement to the party than any touchdown pass. “Just remember to keep the food near the TV,” advises Candace, “you wouldn’t want your guests to miss the game!”
To add to the fun, Cabot wants fans to “Get Pinning to Win!” They can keep their friends and family in the know by sharing slammin’ Cabot Superb Bowl recipes on Pinterest. By pinning one of the four recipes above on Pinterest, they’ll be entered to win Cabot products, so they can keep snacking in style long after the big game. They’ll be entered to win Cabot prizes (60 winners total) for each recipe they pin. And, they can keep coming back and pinning more recipes for more chances to win, up to four entries per person. Prizes include:
• Grand Prize: $75 Cabot Gift Box, plus a second $75 Cabot Gift Box sent to a friend
• Nine more pinners will receive a $75 Cabot Gift Box
• 50 pinners will receive a Cabot coupon for FREE cheese
More details and the complete contest rules are available at: http://www.cabotcheese.coop/pages/pinterest-recipe-contest/
12 jalapeno peppers, about 2 1/2 inches long
4 ounces Cabot Mild Lactose-Free Cheddar or Sharp Cheddar*, grated (about 1 cup)
3 ounces cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
2 large eggs
2/3 cup unflavored dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cabot Regular Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly oil baking sheet and set aside.
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; scrape out and discard seeds.
3. In small bowl, mix together cheddar, cream cheese, garlic powder and chipotle pepper; fill each pepper half with some of mixture.
4. In one bowl, lightly beat eggs until combined and frothy. In another bowl, stir together bread crumbs and salt. Roll each filled pepper in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet.
5. Bake until tender and browned, about 30 minutes. Serve warm, with sour cream for dipping.
Makes about 2 cups for 8 appetizer servings
1 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
1 (8-ounce) package Cabot Vermont Premium Cream Cheese, softened
1-2 green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon mild paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 tablespoon favorite BBQ sauce
1. Mix together yogurt, cream cheese, green onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper and other spices (except BBQ sauce) until well blended
2. Pack into small bowl or mold, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
3. Serve in bowl or unmold onto plate. Spoon stripe of BBQ sauce across top for garnish.
Try with our Football Cheddar Crackers.
Makes about 2 cups
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup mild, medium or hot tomato salsa
1/4 cup Cabot Regular Sour Cream
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
Classic or Supreme flavored Pretzel Crisps, tortilla chips
Carrot and celery sticks
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
Add flour and stir for about 30 seconds to cook flour.
2. Stir in salsa and cook, stirring, until mixture is simmering. Stir in sour cream.
3. Add cheese and continue stirring until cheese is completely melted and mixture returns to simmer.
4. Transfer to bowl and serve hot, surrounded with chips and veggies.
Makes 6 servings
1 pound ground beef (10% fat)
1 (15-ounce) container Mild, Medium or Hot Wholly Salsa
1 (6-ounce) bag Food Should Taste Good Yellow Corn or Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
1 (7-ounce) package Classic or Spicy Wholly Guacamole
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, well drained
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Chipotle Cheddar or Habanero Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
1. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, breaking it up with spoon, until juices have evaporated. Continue cooking for several minutes longer, scraping bottom of skillet, until meat is slightly browned and crispy.
2. Add salsa and let mixture simmer until juices have again evaporated. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat broiler. Arrange half of tortilla chips in single layer on large baking sheet. Top with half of beef mixture. Add half of guacamole in small spoonfuls, followed by half of black olives. Top with half of grated cheese.
4. Place under broiler for a minute or two until cheese is melted.
5. Make second batch with remaining ingredients.
NOTE TO EDITORS
For hi-res photos of the recipes above, visit: https://cabot.imagerelay.com/sb/951aa98a-3e23-47ff-b36a-3733ba46a083
ABOUT CABOT CREAMERY COOPERATIVE
Cabot Creamery Cooperative has been in continuous operation in Vermont since 1919, and makes a full line of cheeses, yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese and butter. Widely known as makers of “The World’s Best Cheddar,” Cabot is owned by the 1200 dairy farm families of Agri-Mark, the Northeast’s premier dairy cooperative, with farms located throughout New England and upstate New York. For more information on Cabot, visit: http://www.cabotcheese.coop
Cabot Creamery Cooperative is the world’s first cheese maker and dairy cooperative to achieve B Corporation Certification, a validation of its attention to environmental and social impacts on stakeholders.
+1 (888) 214-9444
KEYWORDS: Food & Farming, Media and Communications, Social Media, pinterest, big game, football, Cabot, Cabot Creamery