- Solidium`s investment yield was 8.7 % for the six-month review period and 9.2 % for the last 12 months
- Solidium paid 800 million euros in profit distribution to the State of Finland
- Solidium`s net asset value decreased during the review period by 307 million euros, down to 6,550 million euros at the end of the period
- Solidium sold all of its shares in Sponda Plc for approximately 148 million euros
- Solidium increased its holding in Outotec Oyj by acquiring shares for 26 million euros
- Solidium`s profit for the review period amounted to 36 million euros
Solidium`s Managing Director Kari Järvinen`s comments on the review period:
"In the latter half of 2012, equity markets enjoyed strong performance and the value performance of Solidium`s portfolio was also positive. The equity markets are becoming more attractive to investors since the yield on many other investments is low and investors` confidence in a controlled solution to the European debt crisis has increased.
During the period under review, Solidium paid EUR 800 million in profit distribution to the State. This brings the total amount of profit distributed by Solidium during the last three years to EUR 1.8 billion. The disposal of all our remaining shares in Sponda is a natural continuation to our executed disposal two years ago when we decreased our holding from 34 per cent to 15 per cent. We are satisfied that, even after the disposals, Sponda`s ownership will remain firmly in Finnish hands."
Further information: Managing Director Kari Järvinen, tel. +358 (0)10 830 8905
Solidium is a limited company wholly owned by the State of Finland. Its mission is to strengthen and stabilise Finnish ownership in nationally important companies and increase the value of its holdings in the long term. Investment activities are based on financial analysis. The basis and core objective of Solidium`s investment strategy is proper, value-enhancing asset management of the current holdings. Through its stakes, Solidium is a minority owner in eleven listed companies: Elisa, Kemira, Metso, Outokumpu, Outotec, Rautaruukki, Sampo, Stora Enso, Talvivaara Mining Company, TeliaSonera and Tieto. The market value of Solidium`s investments is approximately 7.3 billion euros at the date of this press release. Further information: www.solidium.fi.
The complete half year report can be found here:
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Solidium Oy via Thomson Reuters ONE