The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is advising computer user to temporarily disable the disable Oracle Corp’s Java software on their computers to avoid potential hacking attacks. The Department of Homeland Security said attackers could trick targets into visiting malicious websites that would infect their PCs with software capable of exploiting the bug in Java.
Any system using Oracle Java 7 (1.7, 1.7.0) including, Java Platform Standard Edition 7 (Java SE 7), Java SE Development Kit (JDK 7), Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE 7), All versions of Java 7 through update 10 are affected. Web browsers using the Java 7 plug-in are at high risk. here you can read full US-CERT release concerning Java. Hundreds of millions of consumers and businesses may be affected!!!
”We are currently unaware of a practical solution to this problem,” the Department of Homeland Security’s Computer Emergency Readiness Team said. “This and previous Java vulnerabilities have been widely targeted by attackers, and new Java vulnerabilities are likely to be discovered,” the agency said. “To defend against this and future Java vulnerabilities, disable Java in Web browsers.” A new Trojan horse called Mal/JavaJar-B has been found that exploits a vulnerability in Oracle’s Java 7 and affects even the latest version of the runtime (7u10). The Java zero-day vulnerability, dubbed CVE-2013-0422, “allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unknown vectors, possibly related to ‘permissions of certain Java classes,’” according to the National Vulnerability Database.
On Friday, Mozilla announced it was blocking all recent Java plugins from automatically loading in the browser unless a user specifically “clicks to play.”
How to disable Java – Firefox?
1) Open Firefox and click the Firefox button -> Add-ons (Tools -> Add-ons in Linux, OS X and Windows XP).
2) Choose the Plugins tab.
3) Select the Java plugin(s) and click disable
How to disable Java – Chrome?
1) Open Chrome and type chrome://plugins into the location bar
2) Click Disable underneath the Java plugin
How to disable Java – Internet Explorer?
1) Open Internet Explorer.
2) Type ALT + T to activate the Tools menu and choose Manage Plugins. Choose “All items” from the Show drop-down menu. Disable “Java Plug-in –version number–.” It is safe to simply disable all of the items that begin with Java, but be sure to get this one. Close Internet Explorer.
How to disable Java – Safari?
1) Open Safari, select the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
2) choose the Security tab and uncheck the box next to Enable Java.
How to disable Java – Opera?
1) Open Opera and type opera:plugins into the location bar.
2) Click Disable next to the Java related items in the list.
Main Stage 2.0.1:
This update improves overall performance and provides numerous fixes an…
The post Disable Java Now – Hackers could install malicious software appeared first on CEOWORLD Magazine.