SDR-WInnComm 2013 Product Expo to Feature Companies from Across Wireless Radio Value Chain
PR Log - Dec 27, 2012 - The Wireless Innovation Forum (www.WirelessInnovation.org) has announced participants in the SDR-WInnComm 2013 Product Exposition (http://groups.WInnForum.org/SDR-WInnComm-2013), which reach across all aspects of the wireless value chain. The expo will feature some of the latest products, technologies and services available in the advanced wireless market.
Exhibitors announcing new products during the event include:
• DataSoft is showcasing Thunder and Microburst SDRs, and Probe Toolbox. Thunder is a high performance development platform for advanced waveform and algorithm development, including migrating GNU radio apps to a true SDR. Microburst is a full-duplex, small, rugged, high-performance SDR. Numerous on-board interfaces (e.g., Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS) make it a versatile SDR for embedded and personnel use. The Probe Toolbox reduces cost and time of developing or porting waveforms by providing focused multi-processor debugging tools.
• In partnership with Ettus Research, Amarisoft has successfully developed a fully-functional eNodeB. The software-defined LTE base station was implemented using a USRP(TM) (Universal Software Radio Peripheral) N210, the UHD(TM) (USRP Hardware Driver), and software running on commodity PC. The implementation covers LTE layers 1-3, and can provide network access to off-the-shelf user equipment, such as common USB dongles. Ettus Research will be showing a live demonstration of this LTE stack at the Wireless Innovation Forum.
• National Instruments announces the NI FlexRIO SDR Bundle, currently being used in multiple cutting-edge research projects on 5G technologies. A high performance RF front end (200 MHz – 4.4 GHZ with 100 MHz of bandwidth) combine with a LabVIEW reconfigurable FPGA to form a powerful SDR solution. Combine multipe transceivers for advanced MIMO and beamforming research. The NI FlexIRO SDR Budle is the latest addition to the NI SDR platform that includes the NI USRP™ devices.
• PrismTech will be demonstrating its Spectra DTP4700 Software Defined Radio Development and Test Platform at SDR-WInnComm. Spectra DTP4700 is an optimized, small form-factor platform with low power consumption which is ideally suited to the Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) constraints of next generation Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) SDR environments. The DTP4700 is a Linux based platform that comes complete with the SCA 2.2.2 compliant Spectra Core Framework, CORBA-compliant Spectra ORB middleware, and SCA platform device software.
• Reservoir Labs will release the latest version of their revolutionary SCA project verification tool, R-Check SCA, available for both Windows and Linux platforms. This release features a powerful new graphical interface and enhanced analysis capabilities including consolidated reporting of dynamic memory allocations and expanded coverage of the SCA with over twenty (20) new requirements supported. Visit Reservoir Labs, Exhibit Hall Booth #2, to see R-Check SCA in action.
• Rohde & Schwarz announces the New SDTR Vehicular Tactical Radio. The R&S®SDTR vehicular tactical radio is the first of the new R&S®SDxR software defined radio family. Based on the SCA 2.2.2 architecture, this marks a revolutionary change in tactical communications – technically and economically. The SDTR operates between 30 MHz - 512 MHz with an output power of 50 W without external amplifiers. The R&S®HDR waveforms support external IP based applications, jam-resistant (TRANSEC) and tap-proof (COMSEC) communications, and simultaneous voice and data transmission.
Additional exhibitors include:
• Agilent Technologies • Battelle • Beecube • Coherent Logix • Epiq Solutions • Etherstack • Green Hills Software • Harris • NASA • OIS • Pentek • Space Coast Communications Systems • Wireless@Virginia Tech
Attracting delegates, including investors, commercial network operators, radio manufacturers, system integrators, government procurement officials, regulators, engineering service providers and consultants from around the globe, SDR-WInnComm is the only event devoted to the advancement of advanced radio technologies from research through deployment. Exhibitors are still being accepted. To learn more visit http://www.conference.wirelessinnovation.org/sponsorship-....
SDR-WInnComm will be held 8-10 January 2013 in Washington, D.C. Each day of this conference will feature keynotes by industry leaders, as well as workshops, tutorials, and technical presentations. The event also touts a technology showcase and concurrent working meetings of the working and special interest groups of the Forum. This year’s event will also be held in conjunction with the IEEE DySPAN Standards Committee.