LAKE MARY, Fla., Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: FARO) today announced that it has filed a shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The Company does not have immediate plans to sell securities under the shelf registration statement. Under the shelf registration statement, when declared effective by the SEC, FARO Technologies, Inc., may offer and sell from time to time up to $250 million of the Company's ordinary shares, warrants, or units or any combination thereof. The specifics of any future offering, along with the prices, terms and the use of proceeds will be described in a prospectus supplement filed with the SEC prior to the completion of the offering.
The shelf registration statement has been filed with the SEC but has not yet become effective. The securities registered may not be sold nor may offers to buy these securities be accepted prior to the time the registration becomes effective. This press release shall not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities law of any such jurisdiction. Any offering of these securities will be made solely by means of the prospects included in the registration statement and any prospectus supplement that may be issued with respect to such offering.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for its products, and its future operating results and financial condition. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "intend," "believe," "will," "expect" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products obsolete or less competitive;
- production delays caused by shortages of raw materials incorporated in the Company's products;
- the cyclical nature of the industries of the Company's customers and material adverse changes in customers' access to liquidity and capital;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financing conditions;
- risks associated with international operations, such as fluctuations in currency exchange rates, difficulties in staffing and managing foreign operations, political and economic instability, compliance with import and export regulations, and the burdens and potential exposure of complying with a wide variety of U.S. and foreign laws and labor practices;
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
With over 30,000 installations and 15,000 customers globally, FARO Technologies, Inc. designs, develops, and markets portable, computerized measurement and imaging devices and software used to create digital models -- or to perform evaluations against an existing model -- for anything requiring highly detailed 3-D measurements, including part and assembly inspection, factory planning and asset documentation, as well as specialized applications ranging from surveying, recreating accident sites and crime scenes to digitally preserving historical sites.
FARO's technology increases productivity by dramatically reducing the amount of on-site measuring time, and the various industry-specific software packages enable users to process and present their results quickly and more effectively.
Principal products include the world's best-selling portable measurement arm -- the FaroArm; the world's best-selling laser tracker -- the FARO Laser Tracker Vantage; the FARO Laser ScanArm; FARO Focus 3D Laser Scanner; the FARO Gage, Gage-PLUS and PowerGAGE; and the CAM2 Q family of advanced CAD-based measurement and reporting software. FARO Technologies is ISO-9001 certified and ISO-17025 laboratory registered.
SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.