KAPA'A, HI -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/12 -- Experience adventure overdrive in Kauai, Hawaii: heart pumping, muscles flexed, adrenaline rushing, sweat dripping, wind in your face -- kind of adventures. The Garden Isle's mostly untouched landscape and natural wonder create the perfect combination of awe-inspiring thrill seeking; making it the adventure of a lifetime. From lush rainforests, breathtaking waterfalls, jagged cliffs overlooking the expansive Pacific Ocean, to secret beaches and everything in-between there is no shortage of exhilarating activities.
In order to get guests to the excitement faster, the Courtyard Kauai Resort at Coconut Beach has created the Adventure Overdrive Jeep Package. Guests who book a minimum four-night stay using promo code XPK* will receive:
- a free Jeep rental via Dollar Rent a Car per stay
- GPS navigation, with self-guided tour which includes waypoints and island hot spots
- an automatic upgrade to an ocean view Kauai accommodation
- $100 food and beverage credit per stay for Kauai dining
"We understand and appreciate the adventure traveller. This package puts adventure in overdrive by helping guests get the most of their experience while on Kauai," states general manager Bently Kriewald. It doesn't hurt that Kriewald, a thrill seeker himself, takes his Jeep to remote places on the island, accessible only with four-wheel drive.
Director of sales, Damon Lockrem says, "The Island has a lot of opportunities for adventure. [Kauai] offers a myriad of opportunities for all audiences, from ultimate thrill seekers to adventure sight seers."
Top 5 Thrill Seeking Adventures in Kauai
- Hiking the Kalalau Trail: The Sierra Club rates this famous cliff-side trail a level 9 for difficulty out of 10. The 11-mile path runs along the Napali Coast offering unparalleled ocean and mountain views.
- Skydiving: You may begin with butterflies in your stomach, but as the adrenaline of free falling into one of the world's most spectacular landscapes takes over you will be left breathless.
- Ziplining: Fly over treetops and across valleys, soar above waterfalls and trek along suspension bridges and aerial walkways.
- Doors Off Helicopter Tour: Yes, doors off! Maximize your sightseeing of Kauai's magnificent and diverse land with an open vista that will allow you to take pictures of a lifetime.
- Canyon to Coast Down Hill Bicycle: The Waimea Canyon excursion begins at 3,600 feet and descends to sea level through the wondrous Grand Canyon of the Pacific.
Top 5 Laid Back Adventures in Kauai
- Napali Boat Cruise: A leisurely cruise through what many call a 'true wonder of the world,' experience the splendor of Napali (cliffs) and teaming marine life, like whales, dolphins and sea turtles. (Looking for a little more action, book the raft tour and hold on!)
- Secret Falls Hike & Paddle: The largest Hawaiian river, travellers can paddle at a relaxed pace until they reach the trailhead for a short hike to secret falls.
- Backcountry Tubing: Meander through irrigation tunnels used by old sugarcane plantations. The gentle flowing waters will traverse through stunning mountain, ocean and coastline panorama.
- Snorkeling: From the North Shore to South Shore, snorkeling is a wonderful way to comfortably explore Kauai. Tropical fish, massive sea turtles and coral reefs ensure you will be surprised at every turn.
- Exotic Beaches: Get off the beaten path with your Jeep and discover some of the many remote beaches that helped name Kauai the second best beach destination in the world.
*Rate includes room, free Jeep rental via Dollar Rent a Car and 100 dollar Food and Beverage Credit per stay. Minimum four night stay. To reserve a Jeep, guests must call in-house reservations prior to arrival at 808-822-6639. Guests must be 21 or older to rent a car. Please visit hotel website for additional terms and conditions.
About the Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach Hotel
The Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach Hotel welcomes guests with a fresh and vibrant atmosphere after completing a $13 million renovation that included an expansive new lobby, an expanded fitness center, family entertainment room and updated meeting space. The Kauai Beach hotel's meticulous guests rooms, designed with comfort in mind, all feature a private lanai, spacious sitting area and high ceilings for a warm and airy feeling. In-room entertainment includes cable/satellite service over a 37-inch flat screen TV with premium movie channels and pay-per-view movie options. Complimentary Internet access is available throughout the hotel and from the all-new eLounge so guests can stay connected with reality while capturing the rejuvenating atmosphere that only Hawaii can provide.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2181763
Courtyard Kauai at Coconut Beach
650 Aleka Loop
Kapaa, Hawaii 96746