NATIONAL LEAGUE OF JUNIOR COTILLIONS(TM) P.O. Box 240384, Charlotte, North Carolina 28224 Telephone 1-800-633-7947 / Fax 704-864-3232 / www.nljc.com / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: 800-633-7947 (office) 704-813-2527 (cell)
TAYLOR SWIFT HEADS 2012 TEN BEST-MANNERED LIST
PRINCE HARRY OF WALES NAMED MOST ILL-MANNERED
CHARLOTTE, NC (MMD Newswire) December 12, 2012 -- Taylor Swift, who is commended for being a role model to young people, heads the "Ten Best-Mannered People of 2012," by the National League of Junior Cotillions. The list, which is in its 21st year, is compiled by NLJC, an etiquette and social training program involving thousands of young people in the United States.
The 2012 best-mannered individuals are:
1. Taylor Swift - for inspiring young people with her music and her manners.
2. Rory McIlroy- for displaying good sportsmanship on and off the golf course.
3. Robin Roberts- for the respect she shows others as a network host and for extending warmth and kindness to "Good Morning America" guests.
4. Gabby Douglas- for demonstrating humility and politeness as a young Olympic athlete.
5. Justin Bieber - for consistently showing courtesy to his many fans.
6. Matt Damon - for being a positive role model in Hollywood to younger generations.
7. Kate Middleton - for the poise and dignity with which she conducts herself in the public spotlight.
8. Drew Brees- for being a positive example for young athletes.
9. Michelle Obama - for her positive encouragement of a healthy lifestyle to youth.
10. Daniel Radcliffe - for the kindness extended to his Harry Potter fans.
"The annual selections are based on the demonstration of dignity, honor, and respect," says Elizabeth Anne Winters Russell, NLJC National Director. "Taylor Swift was chosen for the exemplary manner in which she has conducted herself, on and off stage as a musician and song writer."
In addition, Prince Harry of Wales received the dubious distinction of being named The Most Ill-Mannered Person of 2012, "for disregarding his prestigious title and misbehaving in the public spotlight."
Cotillion students and directors nationwide nominate individuals for the "Ten Best-Mannered People" award.
The National League of Junior Cotillions (1-800-633-7947) is headquartered in Charlotte, NC, and has licensed chapters throughout the United States. It hosts the popular cotillion website and etiquette blog (www.nljc.com).
# # #
NOTE: This is the 21st annual "Best-Mannered" list, which is featured by major media outlets. To schedule an interview with Elizabeth Anne Winters Russell, NLJC National Director, phone 800-633-7947 (office), 704- 813-2527 (cell), or Email: Charles.Winters@nljc.com.