(PRLEAP.COM) Running out of ideas for fun activities when the grandkids come to visit? Here are some cheap and fun suggestions they’ll love.
Looking after the grandkids doesn’t need to be hard, or expensive. Here are seven things you can do to keep them busy and happy, and help make the time they spend with you even more special.
1. Bake special treats like cookies or gingerbread men, and get the grandkids to help out with the preparation and cooking.
2. Go camping in the backyard. Or, if the weather’s bad, set up a tent in the living room. You can pretend you’re in the jungle, the mountains, or anywhere!
3. Hide secret treasures around the house and send the grandkids off on a treasure hunt (don’t forget the map!).
4. Try your hand at scrapbooking using photos, decorations and coloured paper. Work together with the grandkids to make a special keepsake.
5. Work in the garden together. The kids will enjoy planting their own herbs or flowers and seeing how they’ve grown whenever they come to visit.
6. Choose a colour to have as the theme of the day, with outfits, food and drinks to match.
7. Introduce the grandkids to some of your favourite family-friendly movies of all time, and spend a cosy afternoon together on the couch.
Time with your grandkids is precious, and it can be even more rewarding if you use your imagination to come up with fun activities to enjoy together. It’s also a great way to help out your children, giving them some kid-free time to work, relax or get some jobs done.
Even though it’s not something we like to think about, there will come a time when you are no longer around for your grandkids. But by planning ahead, you can continue to support them, by making sure that your funeral costs are covered with funeral insurance. That way, you can save your family additional financial distress and worry, so they can instead use this time to remember the good times they spent with you.
Taking out a policy with Australian Seniors Insurance Agency, for example, gives you access to flexible funeral insurance plans to suit your needs and budget. You’re guaranteed cover, if you’re an Australian residents aged 50 to 79, - without any questions about your health or medical history.
Find out more
To find out more about the benefits of funeral insurance, request an information pack or get a fast funeral insurance quote online.