MFS Investment Management® (MFS®) announced today portfolio management additions to the following closed end funds, effective December 1, 2012:
MFS® Charter Income Trust (NYSE: MCR)
MFS® Government Markets Income Trust (NYSE: MGF)
MFS® InterMarket Income Trust I (NYSE: CMK)
MFS® Intermediate Income Trust (NYSE: MIN)
MFS® Multimarket Income Trust (NYSE: MMT)
MFS® Special Value Trust (NYSE: MFV)
The following portfolio managers are joining the management teams of the indicated Funds in order to support each Fund's investment process. MFS believes the portfolio management additions strengthen the portfolio management of each Fund and will help support the achievement of each Fund's investment objective. The Funds will maintain their respective investment objectives and strategies. All portfolio managers will retain their current portfolio management responsibilities as well.
- Ward Brown joined MFS in 2005 and is a Portfolio Manager of global and emerging markets debt portfolios with 16 years of experience. Brown will join the portfolio management teams on MCR, MFV, MGF, MIN and MMT.
- Joshua Marston joined MFS in 1999 and is Co-Director Fixed Income and a Portfolio Manager with 19 years of experience. Marston will join the portfolio management team on MCR.
- Robert Persons joined MFS in 2000 and is a Portfolio Manager of investment grade bond portfolios with 25 years of experience. Persons will join the portfolio management team on MGF.
- Matthew Ryan joined MFS in 1997 and is a Portfolio Manager of global and emerging markets debt portfolios with 25 years of experience. Ryan will join the portfolio management teams on MFV, MGF and MIN.
- Erik Weisman joined MFS in 2002 and is a Portfolio Manager of global and emerging markets debt portfolios with 14 years of experience. Weisman will join the portfolio management teams on CMK, MCR and MMT.
|MFS® Charter Income Trust|
MFS® Government Markets Income Trust
|MFS® InterMarket Income Trust I|
|MFS® Intermediate Income Trust|
|MFS® Multimarket Income Trust|
|MFS® Special Value Trust|
About MFS Investment Management
MFS is a premier global money management firm with investment offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto. The firm’s history dates back to March 21, 1924, and the establishment of the first US “open-end” mutual fund. MFS manages $305.1 billion in assets on behalf of individual and institutional investors worldwide, as of October 31, 2012. Please visit mfs.com for more information.
The Trusts are closed-end investment products. Shares of the Trusts are only available for purchase/sale, at the current market price, on the NYSE. Shares may trade at a discount to NAV.
MFS Investment Management
500 Boylston St., Boston, MA02116