Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, announced today the best Black Friday deals on the season’s hottest reading and entertainment products. Among Barnes & Noble’s breakthrough offers, which are available for one day only on Friday, November 23, customers will be able to purchase the award-winning NOOK Simple Touch for only $59. This offer is available while supplies last only at Barnes & Noble bookstores on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving and the unofficial start of the busy holiday shopping season.
NOOK Simple Touch, the highly acclaimed, easy-to-use Reader, combines an ergonomic design with a paper-like, glare-free readability, even in bright sunlight. Usually available at the low price of $99 and always without distracting ads, NOOK Simple Touch, including a power cord (a $9.99 value) will be available on Black Friday for only $59, Barnes & Noble’s lowest price ever, making it a must-have deal this holiday season for anyone who loves to read. NOOK Simple Touch offers access to shop the vast NOOK Store™ of more than 3 million digital books – from new releases and bestsellers to classics, children’s books and more, as well as popular newspapers and magazines. At NOOK Digital Shops™ and at NOOK.com, customers may also experience and purchase the recently launched NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+, the lightest and highest-resolution 7-inch HD tablet and the world’s lightest full HD tablet. Both feature must-see displays for superior reading and entertainment, starting at $199 for NOOK HD and $269 for NOOK HD+.
In addition to getting great deals on NOOK products, customers can take advantage of many other exciting Barnes & Noble Black Friday specials available in stores and online at www.bn.com/blackfriday, including:
- Special Gift Card Offer: Visit any Barnes & Noble store on Black Friday, November 23, and get a free $10 Barnes & Noble Gift Card with every $75 Gift Card purchase.
- Hottest Educational Toys & Games: Visit any Barnes & Noble store or BN.com on Black Friday for an incredible “buy one get one 50 percent off” deal on any educational toy or game.* This offer is available in stores on November 23 only, but will continue exclusively on BN.com through November 26.
*Excludes select Lego and LeapFrog items.
- Bestselling and Classic Books: Get 50 percent off select popular fiction, nonfiction, cookbooks and gift book titles, including Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bakery, Neil Young’s Waging Heavy Peace, George R. R. Martin’s Lands of Ice & Fire, Chris Ware’s Building Stories, Dayton Duncan’s and Ken Burns’ The Dust Bowl: An Illustrated History and an exclusive Barnes & Noble edition of Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs – among others. All Barnes & Noble hardcover classics are also 50 percent off, and all Barnes & Noble Leather Collectibles are available in a “buy one get one for only $10” offer. These exceptional book offers run from November 23 to November 26 in stores and online.
- Kids & Teens Books: Get 50 percent off select titles in stores and online, including a special edition of Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer and A Mutiny in Time (Infinity Ring Series#1) by James Dashner, a fun selection of geographic reference books, including National Geographic Kids World Atlas and Not for Parents: How to Be a World Explorer from Lonely Planet and popular biographies, including Justin Bieber: Just Getting Started and One Direction Behind the Scenes. Also available is the bestselling series Maze Runner by James Dashner and Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore.
- Movies & Music: Get up to 50 percent off a selection of more than 1,000 DVD and Blu-ray bestsellers and new releases in stores and online through November 26. Key titles include Big Bang Theory Season 5, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows, Snow White and the Huntsman and the new Bob Dylan CD, Tempest.
- NOOK Accessories: Enjoy discounts of up to 50 percent in stores and online on NOOK Simple Touch essentials, including a Power Kit, Adapter and Charging Cables, a Stella Light in Graphite, a Matte Screen Protector Kit and a black Lyra Light.
Additional offers available to customers from November 23 to November 26, include:
- Moleskine Products: Buy one get one 50 percent off on all Moleskine products in stores and online.
- Boxed Calendars: Get 50 percent off select boxed calendars in stores and online.
- Godiva Chocolates: Get $10 off all 36-piece Godiva Gold Ballotins, with a choice of a classic gold or festive holiday ribbon. Available in stores only.
Whether shopping in a Barnes & Noble bookstore or online at BN.com, Barnes & Noble makes it easy for gift-givers this holiday season. For more information, visit www.bn.com/blackfriday. Experience NOOK HD, NOOK HD+, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™ and NOOK Simple Touch at NOOK.com or at the NOOK Digital Shops and displays in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores nationwide and other leading retailers. Barnes & Noble offers Always Free NOOK Support in all of its neighborhood bookstores, with more than 35,000 booksellers across the country ready to assist customers with setting up their NOOK devices or choosing their next great read.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 689 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store™ (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 667 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is one of only 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
NOOK®, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, NOOK Store™, NOOK Book™, NOOK Video™, NOOK Reading Apps™, and Read What You Love. Anywhere You Like™ are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. Other trademarks referenced in this release are the property of their respective owners.
About NOOK Media LLC
NOOK reading and entertainment products make it easy to read what you love, anywhere you like™ with a fun, easy-to-use and immersive digital reading experience. With NOOK, customers gain access to the expansive NOOK Store™ of more than 3 million digital books, plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through free NOOK Reading Apps™ and NOOK Video apps, available at www.nook.com/freenookapps. NOOK owners receive Always Free NOOK Support in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores. Find NOOK devices in Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.nook.com, as well as leading retailers including Best Buy, Walmart, Target and many others. NOOK products are also available in the United Kingdom through www.nook.co.uk and leading retailers.