Call for Papers for December and January editions of new PM World Journal announced
PR Log - Nov 14, 2012 - Dallas, London, Sydney – PM World has announced its Call for Papers for the new monthly PM World Journal (PMWJ). Project management researchers, experts, professional leaders, practicing project managers and executives of project-based organizations are invited to submit an article, paper or story for publication in December or January editions of the PMWJ. This is an opportunity to share knowledge, get published or gain visibility for yourself and your organization in the global project management community. Launched in August 2012, the PMWJ is published at the beginning of each month, so submittals should be received by the 20th of the month for the next edition.
The PMWJ is seeking articles and papers in the following categories:
● Featured Papers – professionally researched and referenced papers similar to those presented at professional conferences; these can also be the result of research projects or studies
● Case Studies – Description of an actual project or program, or how some aspect of program or project management was implemented in an organization
● Advisories – advice on how to solve a problem or address specific issues related to program or project management
● Commentaries – short articles expressing an opinion or point of view about a program or project management-related topic, either general or specific
● Student Papers – well written research papers by graduate or undergraduate students of project management, often recommended by a responsible faculty member or teacher
● Personal Stories – short descriptions of personal experiences on a project or related to project management
● Reports – updates about PM professional activities, events or developments in a city or region of the world; these can provide information from national societies or local branches and chapters of international bodies
● Book Reviews – professionally written reviews of project management books (a template can be provided for book reviews)
● News Stories – articles about actual programs and projects, and P/PM-related research, education, publications, professional activities, events, organizations or people
A separate Category – Second Editions – allows authors to republish papers that have been previously published, presented at a project management conference or event, or originally published in a language other than English.
According to Managing Editor David Pells, “Our mission is to support continuous learning and the creation and sharing of new knowledge about program and project management. We are interested in articles and papers from anywhere in the world, with advise or knowledge that could be useful for managing projects in different conditions and environments.”
“The publishing process is easy,” he adds. “Just email an article or paper to me; we reformat it to a standard layout and return it to the author for approval. You won’t wait long for approval or to see your paper published. We are especially looking for articles on how project management can or is being used to solve global problems.”
The PM World Journal (PMWJ) is a global online publication produced by PM World in the United States, but created by a virtual team of contributors and editors around the world. Each month, the PMWJ features dozens of articles, papers and stories about projects and project management in different countries and industries. To see the latest edition or to subscribe, visit http://www.pmworldjournal.net.