SOURCE: Leonardo Academy
SAN FRANCISCO, November 14, 2012 /3BL Media/ - Leonardo Academy President Michael Arny will present briefings on the pilot version of the Coalition for Responsible Fire Protection’s Contractor's Guide for Responsible Fire Protection at the 2012 Greenbuild International Conference and Expo and via webinar. These 15-minute briefings will be presented at the following times:
(1) Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the Greenbuild Expo, Moscone Center in San Francisco, North Building – in-person, booth-side briefings at Leonardo Academy’s booth T-1. No registration needed, simply be at the booth at one of the designated times.
(2) By Webinar on Monday, November 20, 2012 at 3:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. To register, send an email to: email@example.com
The Coalition for Responsible Fire Protection is dedicated to advancing understanding and action to reduce the environmental impacts of fire protection. To further this goal the Coalition has developed a Contractor's Guide to Responsible Fire Protection. This guide provides fire protection contractors with a framework for reducing environmental impacts, tracking performance and verifying achievements.
The audience for this guide includes a wide range of both buyers and sellers of fire protection goods and services. Companies that sell fire protection products or services include manufacturers, installers, sprinkler companies, equipment recyclers and agent reclaimers, and agent suppliers, etc. Buyers of fire protection goods and services include: building owners, federal state and local government agencies, specifiers, designers, building occupants, and more. Following this guide provides contractors with organized information that can be used to communicate to clients and potential clients their achievements in reducing the unnecessary environmental impacts of fire protection.
This guide also provides purchasers of fire protection products and services with a reference they will be able to use to specify in Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and in contracts, and how they want information on contractor environmental achievement information to be provided. As a result, this guide provides a framework for action by both buyers and sellers of fire protection products and services to reduce environmental impacts of fire protection.
Benefits for Fire Protection Contractors
• Framework for reducing overall environmental impact
• Since many environmental impacts amount to waste, opportunities to reduce costs
• Framework for communicating environmental achievements to clients and potential clients
• Opportunity to gain competitive advantage from defining environmental performance
Benefits for Buyers of Fire Protection Goods and Services
• Framework for reducing overall environmental impact, including supply chain, operations and waste stream
• Streamlines reducing supply chain environmental footprint: Asking suppliers to reduce environmental impacts in the supply chain and waste stream frequently provides the lowest cost environmental footprint reductions for companies and organizations.
• Opportunity for buyers to gain competitive advantage with their clients and potential clients by reducing their environmental footprint
If you would like to learn more about this Contractor's Guide, please contact:
Michael Arny, Leonardo Academy, Chair of the Contractor's Guide to Responsible Fire Protection Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office 608-280-0255, Cell: 608-346-5199. (Michael is at Greenbuild 2012 so you can call his cell phone or email him if you would like to talk about the Contractors Guide during the conference.)
If you would like to learn more about the Coalition for Responsible Fire Protection visit the website at: www.responsiblefireprotection.org Or contact: Bill Polits, Chair of the Coalition's Board of Directors at: Tel: 800-249-4289, email@example.com.
About Leonardo Academy
Leonardo Academy is a charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing sustainability by leveraging innovative tools and information to motivate the competitive market. By utilizing an interdisciplinary approach to sustainability strategies, education and implementation, we strive to make sustainability practical for everyone.
We develop integrative sustainability solutions designed to enhance the environmental stewardship, social responsibility and economic prosperity of organizations, corporations and individuals. We see a world filled with sustainable opportunities that can transform the way we live today and ensure the prosperity of future generations.
Programs and Services
Leonardo Academy works on a broad range of sustainability issues and provides comprehensive sustainability programs and services to help companies, organizations, families and individuals implement sustainability.
Our programs and services include: organizational sustainability assessments and implementation; emissions footprints, reduction strategies and offsets; event emissions footprints, sustainability assessments and implementation; sustainable event certification through our Cleaner and Greener® Program; LEED® assessments, implementation and certification application preparation; sustainable land management; sustainability training; and sustainability standards development. Leonardo Academy is an ASNI accredited standard developer.
Join Our Work
Individuals, organizations and companies are invited to join in Leonardo Academy’s work on advancing sustainability. One important way to join in our work is by making a charitable donation to support these efforts. Online donations can be made at: www.leonardoacademy.org.
Michael Arny, President
+1 (608) 280-0255