SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced it is now easier than ever for small businesses and enterprises to adopt Quantum vmPRO virtual machine backup software and scale it to meet their growth requirements. The new vmPRO Standard Edition software protects up to 1 TB of virtual data and is available as a full-featured free download, providing a risk-free way to explore its superior features and value.
Quantum vmPRO Standard Edition is easy to download and deploy as a virtual appliance, and customers have free access to Quantum Forum V for online support. For additional capacity, vmPRO Standard Edition customers can upgrade to vmPRO Enterprise Edition. It provides unlimited capacity for $799/TB, including one year of Silver Support service, and the option of an additional tier of support to meet any SLA.
Users can also now download a free, full-featured virtual deduplication appliance, Quantum's DXi V1000, to store up to 15 TB of deduplicated data. The DXi V1000 works with vmPRO software to offer a 100 percent virtual data protection solution and provide a path to the cloud.
"Customers are looking for a better way to protect their virtual environments, and until now their only option was a proprietary format to back up data," noted Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection, Quantum. "vmPRO is unique because it backs up data in native VMware format, so users can instantly restore individual files or boot VMs without a backup application. By providing the ability to download a full-featured, free 1 TB version of vmPRO software, we've also made adoption risk-free."
vmPRO: A Different Kind of VM Backup Application
- Backup in Native VMware Format: vmPRO software backs up VMs in native VMware (VMDK) format based on customer backup policies, without the restriction of proprietary formats associated with all other backup applications on the market. This capability eases the recovery of single files, objects or entire VMs with drag and drop simplicity using the vmPRO GUI or any standard file system browser. By backing up VMs in native state, users can also instantly boot VMs from any remote site, including the cloud, without requiring a backup application.
- Easy to Deploy and Use: vmPRO software is a light-weight application that is deployed as a virtual appliance, and restores are accomplished in a single step. Any browser can be used to search and restore files, objects and whole VMs from anywhere -- without the use of a backup application.
- 95 Percent Data Reduction: The combination of vmPRO software and DXi appliances -- including DXi V1000 -- provides the most effective deduplication rates and the fastest VM recovery available today. With patented Progressive Optimization, vmPRO eliminates extraneous data typically associated with virtual machines and, when combined with deduplication, can dramatically reduce host, network and storage resource requirements.
- Integrates with VMware API: Quantum vmPRO works seamlessly with VMware vCenter server to auto-discover new VMs that have been added to an environment so they can work directly with VMware API for data protection, ensuring that no VM goes unprotected.
- Certified VMware Ready: Quantum vmPRO has been designated VMware Ready, an indication of its integration with VMware's API. VMware Ready designates VMware's highest level of endorsement for products and solutions created by their established partners.
Industry Accolades for vmPRO
- In February 2012, vmPRO won the "Backup Hardware Product of the Year" category in Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com's 2011 Products of the Year competition.
- In December 2011, the company's vmPRO 4000 virtual machine protection solution was named "Storage Virtualisation Product of the Year" at the 2011 Storage, Virtualisation and Cloud Computing (SVC) Awards.
- Visit the new vmPRO website at: http://www.quantum.com/vmPRO
- To download a free copy of vmPRO Standard Edition, visit: http://www.quantum.com/freevmPRO
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi and Quantum vmPRO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum vmPRO software and Quantum's DXi V1000 appliances, and from the combination of Quantum vmPRO software and DXi appliances; and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such software and appliances are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.