SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/24/12 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced that it has sold more than 1,000 DXi6701/02 disk backup and deduplication appliances, driven by broad adoption in the first year of shipping. The unmatched performance, scalability and value of the DXi6701/02 helped make it the most successful branded systems product launch in Quantum's history, and since then customers across the globe have deployed it to meet their data protection needs.
The DXi6701/02 was developed on the premise that customers shouldn't have to make trade-offs in terms of features, performance and price when choosing a deduplication solution. The DXi6701/02 is up to twice as fast as competitors in its class. With all necessary software licenses included in the base price, scalability across midrange and enterprise environments, and an easy-to-deploy design, it also continues to offer best-in-class total cost of ownership (TCO). It has been by adopted as a solution for midsized companies as well as in a scale-out approach for some of the world's largest enterprises.
Steady Cadence of Industry Validation
Since its introduction, the DXi6701/02 has been widely recognized by customers, industry analysts, trade organizations and publications for the benefits it delivers. Honors include:
- "Disk-Based Product of the Year - Enterprise" at the 2012 Storage Awards: The Storries IX.
- Storage Product of the Year at the 2012 Network Computing Awards in London.
- Product of the Year finalist in the Backup Hardware category of the Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com 2011 Product of the Year Awards.
Testing by industry analyst firm The Evaluator Group confirmed that the DXi6700 family provides a price-performance advantage over all competitors in the midrange -- surpassing the closest systems in speed at nearly half the published price -- and that it leads in the areas of ease of use, scalability, and management. The firm noted "The DXi6701 and DXi6702 systems were found to easily surpass Quantum's performance specifications during evaluation. The DXi6700 delivered industry-leading performance in this market segment under real-world scenarios."
In addition, the DXi6700 family was included in a study conducted by industry analyst firm IDC on the return on investment (ROI) provided by Quantum's entire DXi®-Series portfolio, spanning entry-level to Enterprise. The study quantified the significant savings in storage media costs, increases in staff productivity, reduced downtime, and average payback that DXi-Series solutions deliver. For example, DXi customers typically saw the systems pay for themselves in just seven months, and over three years saw an average return of $4.75 for every $1 invested.
- William Ormond, enterprise system engineer, Information Technology, ACDI/VOCA: "We chose the DXi6702 as our deduplication solution for more efficient and effective data protection and were soon seeing dedupe ratios as high as 37 to 1. With its significant price-performance advantage and easy integration with our backup software, the DXi6702 enabled us to maximize our data protection within our budget."
- David Weston, IT Infrastructure manager, Oxford University Press: "We were looking for an innovative data protection solution, tailored to our specific needs and being able to deal with a constantly changing environment -- DXi6700 has met our requirements best. The great thing about DXi6700 is that it integrates seamlessly into our broad data protection environment, using deduplication to solve our backup challenges. Moreover, we are impressed by the high deduplication rate that DXi6700 is delivering; the cost per terabyte is significantly lower than any competitor's product."
- Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection, Quantum: "Customers have responded well to the idea that there's no need to compromise when it comes to protecting their data, and they place a high value on the ability to manage tomorrow's data growth with today's budget, so the market success of the DXi6701/02 shouldn't surprise anyone. It's perfectly suited to today's economic and data volume realities, with a scalable approach that protects a customer's investment long into the future."
- To compute deduplication cost savings for a backup environment with the Quantum ROI Calculator, visit: www.quantum.com/roicalculator
- For a copy of Evaluator Group's report, "Quantum DXi6700 Lab Validation," visit: www.quantum.com/PDF/LabValidationDXi6700
- For more details on how Quantum deduplication leads to ROI for customers, visit: http://www.quantum.com/Solutions/ROI/Index.aspx
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and DXi are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's DXi-Series solutions, including the DXi6700 family ; and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such solutions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.