The BRC Global Standards team is delighted to announce they will be in Florida from April 9-11, 2013 to bring together leading food safety experts and industry professionals from all over the Americas to discuss the latest updates and share best practice on food safety management.
The second annual BRC Food Safety Americas conference will detail how the BRC is able to support businesses to optimize their operations through the use of its credible Standards and offer the audience training courses, best practice case studies and strategy building workshops designed to deliver improved food safety management in North America.
Key topics include:
- State of the Nation keynote presentation
- Regulatory oversight from the FDA and USDA: FSMA legislative updates and managing regulatory expectations
- Assessing progress made in auditor competency
- Case studies on site standards
- Building food safety in your plant design
- Upgrading your site – what does best practice look like today?
- Promoting good manufacturing practices and a strong top down food safety culture
- How to help your supplier base
- Vendor management of imports
- Allergen updates
- HACCP and risk assessment
David Brackston, Technical Director – Food Schemes, BRC Global Standards, added: “We are delighted to be bringing our conference to North America for the second year. The Food Safety Americas conference will provide the opportunity for our customers and partners to hear the latest developments in the BRC Global Standards certification program and across the industry as a whole.”
For further information on this event please visit http://www.brcfoodsafetyamericas.com
Notes to Editors:
About the BRC’s Global Standards
BRC Global Standards is the world’s biggest provider of Safety and quality Standards programmes for food manufacture, packaging, storage and distribution. Our aim is to be the best in the world in everything we do.
Our Standards are generated with the help of technical specialists, retailers, manufacturers and certification bodies from around the world so everything is rooted in practicality, rigour and clarity.
As well as the Standards, as part of the programme, we offer comprehensive support to help new and established businesses to achieve their quality and safety aims.
BRC Global Standards. Trust in Quality.
BRC Press Office (0044) 20 7854 8924 / (0044) 7921 605544