SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/04/12 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced that it will showcase several technologies supporting a next generation mission information framework at GEOINT 2012, October 8-11, in Orlando, Fla., (booth #2033). In addition to the company's recently enhanced StorNext® big data management software, which serves as a foundation to this framework, the company will highlight the following:
- Wide Area Storage - Incorporating dispersed object storage technology, Quantum's wide area storage solutions overcome the limitations and inefficiencies posed by traditional RAID-based architectures when data environments reach the petabyte level. These solutions provide network-attached, high-performance disk storage that is not only extremely efficient, durable and cost-effective but also cloud-ready, always available and quickly accessible across multiple geographies. Quantum has already placed wide area storage solutions in secure customer environments and in coming months will be announcing general availability of the first product in a portfolio of such solutions.
- High-Speed, Automated Video Analytics - An application from a company called NerVve Technologies offers automated indexing and search of either live feeds or massive video and imagery stores at very high speeds: e.g., 24 hours of video can be searched for objects of interest in less than five minutes. Freeing up analysts from having to review videos manually and flag items of interest, NerVve's software allows them to focus more time on actual analysis and mission support. Quantum sees the combination of StorNext and NerVve technology as providing significant benefits in a variety of big data visual analytics use cases and today announced that it has made an investment in the company.
- Packet Capture, Storage and Analysis - The combination of nPulse technology and StorNext provides direct access and sharing of packet and flow data, as well as the ability to leverage multiple analysis tools and tiered archive capabilities. This enables government IT or operations personnel to perform fast, real-time search and retrieval of packet data and quickly assess what may have caused a network security breach.
Janae Stow Lee, senior vice president, Filesystem and Archive, Quantum
"From its inception more than a decade ago, StorNext has played a major role in enabling the national security community to share and analyze massive amounts of data. Today, StorNext is at the center of a mission information framework encompassing an expanding set of applications that helps analysts access and search real-time and archived data more quickly and accurately to provide real-time mission support. At GEOINT we look forward to showcasing StorNext, several of these applications and the benefits they offer to customers."
- Learn more about StorNext and the StorNext appliance family: www.quantum.com/products/BigDataManagement/index.aspx
- Read details on a StorNext and NerVve solution: www.quantum.com/StorNextandNerVve and www.NerVveTechnologies.com
- Understand how nPulse's technology works: www.npulsetech.com
- Participate in the StorNext Community Forum: http://stornextforum.com
- Follow the latest StorNext happenings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/stornext
- Join the StorNext conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/stornext
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from the combination of StorNext and NerVve technology and from using Quantum's wide area storage solutions, StorNext solutions and StorNext applications based on NerVve or nPulse technologies, 2) the availability of Quantum's wide area storage solutions; and 3) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such solutions and applications are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.