Catch The Sun With Summer Bargains On The Horizon At Flight Centre Australia
PR Log - Aug 11, 2012 - Forget the rain, wind and winter chills on our doorstep, summer bargains are on the horizon, so lock in a deal to a far-flung destination where skies are blue and temperatures are balmy.
Flight Centre's executive general manager, Colin Bowman, says there are plenty of ways travellers can keep summer holiday costs down.
"By travelling at a certain time or booking early, you may be able to cut hundreds off the total cost of your holiday," Mr Bowman said. "If you are not tied to school holidays, it is best to travel during late October or early December, when resorts are quieter and prices are not at their peak."
Destinations like Thailand, Bali and Malaysia offer a generous dose of sunshine almost all year round, so if you can be flexible with your travel dates, keep an eye out for great deals as they arise.
"This year, we have seen hotels and resorts in the Caribbean, Mauritius, Mexico and Hawaii offer five-night holidays for less than $1,000," he said.
Flight Centre has compiled a list of top 5 affordable holiday ideas:
1. Ubud, Bali The sun shines for about 12 hours each day in Bali, so there is really no reason why you can't soak in a much-needed boost of vitamin D. Daytime temperatures average between 27 and 32 degrees, while cooler temperatures set in at night and atop the mountains.
The best time to travel to Bali is in the months of May, June and July, during the dry monsoon season, however even in the wet monsoon season from October to April, this tropical paradise is still sunny for most of the day.
Flight Centre is offering four nights' for the price three at the 4.5-star Alila Ubud Resort in Ubud.
From $439* per person twin share, this deal includes four nights in a Superior Room, breakfast daily, afternoon tea daily, a local community Balinese dancing class, tai chi and yoga experiences, and a scheduled shuttle service to Ubud town.
Exclusive bonuses with this package include a gift in the room on arrival, 10USD spa credit voucher per person per room and a babysitter for families that book the Romantic Dinner.
Valid for travel from 1 November to 19 December, 2012 and from 6 January to 31 March, 2013.
2. Barbados, The Caribbean You would be hard-pushed to find a better cure for the cold than the mesmerising Caribbean, with its sugar-soft beaches, beautiful reefs and turquoise waters.
Beyond suntans and swimming, there is plenty to do and see, from street parades in Cuba, to white-water rafting in St Lucia and fortresses in Jamaica.
Couples, who are yearning to sink their toes into the sand at a luxury resort, need not worry about breaking the bank.
Flight Centre is offering five nights' for the price of three at the 4-star The Crane Resort & Residences in Barbados.
From just $835* per person twin share, the package includes five nights in a Junior Garden View Suite, return airport transfers, welcome cocktail and cold towel and a complimentary cocktail party.
Exclusive bonuses with this package include 40USD spa credit per person, 40USD resort credit per person and free kids meals up to 13 years.
Valid for travel from 17 November to 21 December, 2012.
3. Phuket, Thailand Aussies love to visit Phuket, at any time of the year. The island is perfect for people who want to experience an Asian culture, while they relax on the beach by day and get amongst the buzz of parties at night.
If you like playing outdoors, this island serves up a plethora of activities, from mountain biking, bungy jumping, and deep sea diving to sightseeing in temples and local communities. However, most people are happy to laze on a sun lounge with a cocktail in hand.
Exclusive bonuses with this package include THB100 resort credit per room per night and a complimentary cake if you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary or honeymoon.
Valid for travel from 1 August to 31 October, 2012.
4. Langkawi, Malaysia Plunge into turquoise waters on Malaysia's west coast (http://www.flightcentre.com.au/guides/malaysia). Weather on the island is mostly consistent all year round, with the temperatures ranging from 25 to 35 degrees. Seas remain fairly calm, even when there is rainfall, unlike some other destinations along the southeast coast of Asia. Langkawi is ideal for sun and nature lovers who want a quieter, secluded beach surrounding.
Flight Centre is offering six nights for the price of five nights at the 4-star Berjaya Langkawi in Langkawi.
From $485 per person twin share, this package includes six nights accommodation in a Rainforest Chalet and breakfast daily.
Exclusive bonuses with this package include a welcome drink on arrival, a complimentary basket of fruit in the room and access to the guest services manager at check-in.
Valid for travel from 1 September to 31 October, 2012.
5. Playa Del Carmen, Mexico If you are craving a sizzling summer beach party, you will be happy to find the weather in Playa del Carmen is always warm, even hot, most of the year.
Here, you can party like never before to salsa beats, try a Cuban cigar or walk along pure white sandy beaches.
The sun is most powerful from June to August, but the cooler months are very comfortable, from November to January.
Flight Centre is offering five nights stay at the 4-star Gran Porto Real Resort & Spa in Playa del Carmen.
From $905* per person twin share, this package includes five nights accommodation in a Junior Suite, return airport transfers, evening shows and theme parties.
Exclusive bonuses with this package include a welcome cocktail and cold towel on arrival, a gift in the room on arrival, Spa Sampler Sessions valued at USD30 per person and a 15% discount at Spa.
Valid for travel from 1 November to 23 December 2012.
* Prices are subject to change and availability. Available to book until October 31, 2012. Bonuses are exclusive to Flight Centre Limited. For bookings and further details, phone Flight Centre on 1300 939 414 or visit www.flightcentre.com.au.
About Flight Centre: Flight Centre Limited is Australasia's best known travel agency group and now boasts more than 2,000 leisure, corporate and wholesale businesses in 11 countries. The company, through its retail and corporate brands, provides a complete travel service for leisure and business travelers in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, Hong Kong, India, China, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates. In addition, the company's corporate travel management network, FCm Travel Solutions, extends to more than 70 other countries through strategic licensing agreements with independent local operators. Internationally, the company employs more than 13,000 consultants and support staff.