SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC, a top 10 provider of money market mutual funds(1) and the nation's 17th-largest mutual fund family(1), today announced the launch of a new cash management Web site for institutional investors that highlights the fund family's full lineup of money market products.
Brad Marcus, senior vice president of Wells Fargo Funds Management, said that a dedicated cash management Web site makes sense as institutional investors move toward money market investments in pursuit of stability and yield.
"Since June 2004, the Federal Reserve has raised the Federal funds rate 17 times, causing a dramatic rise in money market yields in a short period of time(2)," said Marcus. "Current yields, in the context of today's volatile market environment, make cash and money market instruments an increasingly compelling option for diversifying assets and reducing overall portfolio risk, while receiving a relatively attractive return on investment."
Through the Institutional Cash Management portal at www.wellsfargo.com/advantagefunds, institutional clients can view performance data for each of the eight money market funds, as well as:
-- Daily money market rates consolidated by share class and fund objective -- Portfolio statistics on the number of securities, weighted expected maturity, and expense ratios -- Portfolio ratings from Moody's and Standard & Poor's -- Mutual fund fact sheets and prospectuses -- Regularly updated fund commentary -- Downloadable new account forms
Wells Fargo Funds Management has more than $68 billion in money market fund assets under management as of 06-30-06. The following Wells Fargo Advantage Funds carry an Aaa rating from Moody's(3) and are on the NAIC's(4) List of Approved Mutual Funds:
-- Wells Fargo Advantage Heritage Money Market Fund(SM) -- Wells Fargo Advantage Prime Investment Money Market Fund -- Wells Fargo Advantage Government Money Market Fund(5) -- Wells Fargo Advantage Treasury Plus Money Market Fund(5) -- Wells Fargo Advantage 100% Treasury Money Market Fund(5) -- Wells Fargo Advantage National Tax-Free Money Market Fund
An investment in a money market fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although the Wells Fargo Advantage Money Market Funds seek to preserve the value of your investment at $1 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in a money market fund.
(1) Source: Strategic Insight; July 31, 2006
(2) For the month ending June 30, 2004, the average monthly yield for taxable money market funds was 0.56%. For the month ending July 31, 2006, the average monthly yield for taxable money market funds was 4.65%. (Source: iMoneyNet) Figures quoted represent past performance, which is no guarantee of future results.
(3) The Aaa rating indicated is from Moody's Investors Services ("Moody's"). The Fund is not sponsored, endorsed, sold, or promoted by Moody's, and Moody's makes no representation regarding the advisability of investing in the Fund.
(4) The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) is the organization of insurance regulators from the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the four U.S. territories. The NAIC provides a forum for the development of uniform policy when uniformity is appropriate. A fund is NAIC approved when it is on the List of Approved Mutual Funds pursuant to Part 4, Section 6 (d) of the Securities Valuation Office (SVO) Purposes and Procedures Manual of the NAIC.
(5) The U.S. government guarantee applies to certain of the underlying securities and NOT to shares of the Fund.
Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, offers investment solutions for individual and institutional investors. Through its Wells Fargo Advantage Funds(SM), the firm offers 120 mutual funds across a wide range of asset classes, representing more than $109 billion in assets under management, as of 06-30-06. To help investors plan for the future, Wells Fargo Funds Management offers Section 529 plans, IRAs, and, through its Wells Fargo Advisor(SM) program, portfolio management services. The firm also offers customized investment solutions through Wells Fargo Managed Account Services, which is a program of professionally managed portfolios consisting of individual securities.
A portion of the Fund's income may be subject to federal, state, and/or local income taxes or the alternative minimum tax (AMT). Any capital gains distributions may be taxable.
EdVest and tomorrow's scholar(R) are state-sponsored Section 529 college savings programs administered by the Wisconsin Office of the State Treasurer. Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, provides investment advisory and administrative services for Wells Fargo Advantage Funds, Wells Fargo Advisor, and EdVest. Other affiliates of Wells Fargo & Company provide subadvisory and other services for the Funds. The Funds and shares in the Section 529 plans are distributed by Wells Fargo Funds Distributor, LLC, Member NASD/SIPC, an affiliate of Wells Fargo & Company.
NOT FDIC INSURED NO BANK GUARANTEE MAY LOSE VALUE
Source: Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC