Leaders from seven agriculture equipment manufacturing associations from around the world have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to officially launch the Agrievolution Alliance, which will facilitate collaboration and cooperation on a global basis within the ag equipment manufacturing industry.
The associations are based in Brazil, Europe, France, India, Italy, North America and Turkey.
The founding associations are:
• ABIMAQ – Brazilian Association of Industrial Machinery and Equipment
• AEM – Association of Equipment Manufacturers – USA/North America
• AXEMA – Association for Industrial Agricultural Equipment, France
• CEMA – European Agricultural Machinery Association
• FICCI – Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
• TARMAKBIR – Turkish Association of Agricultural Machinery & Equipment Manufacturers
• UNACOMA – Italian Farm Machinery Manufacturers Association
Association leaders established the alliance in the shared belief that in today’s global agricultural economy, it is crucial that current issues and future challenges be viewed and worked upon from a global perspective.
The alliance will focus on three areas: industry-specific issues, information exchange and public policy issues. Possible areas of action include coordinating input to harmonization of standards and regulations, serving as an industry liaison with groups such as the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), using a combined voice on issues such as free trade, and developing a method to regularly exchange market and other industry data.
For more information, contact AEM, who is serving as acting Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 414-298-4174.