EMERYVILLE, Calif., May 2, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amyris, Inc. (Nasdaq:AMRS), a leading renewable chemicals and fuels company, today announced the realignment of its senior leadership team in support of the Company's growth strategy.
"We are realigning our management team as we pursue our current production ramp up. We are committed to achieving profitable, predictable operations," said John Melo, President & Chief Executive Officer of Amyris.
Three members of the management team will be departing the Company: Mario Portela, President of Global Operations; Tamara Tompkins, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary; and, Neil Renninger, Chief Technical Officer. Dr. Renninger will remain as a member of Amyris's Board of Directors.
"I am grateful for the tremendous service Mario, Tammy, and Neil have provided to Amyris and am certain of their continued success in their future endeavors," added John Melo.
Amyris also announced the following changes to the management team:
- Peter Boynton will lead business development activities;
- Joel Cherry will remain as head of research and development, including ongoing collaborations;
- Paulo Diniz will continue to lead Amyris Brasil while expanding his responsibilities in strategic partnerships;
- Gary Loeb will serve as Amyris General Counsel and Corporate Secretary;
- Steve Mills, as previously announced, became Chief Financial Officer, effective today;
- Jack Newman will remain as the Chief Science Officer;
- Mark Patel is being promoted to Senior Vice President of Commercial Operations, responsible for leading products strategy and sales growth;
- Ramesh Raman is being promoted to Senior Vice President of Global Manufacturing, responsible for manufacturing and supply chain;
- Christine Ring will lead legal technology strategy and intellectual property; and,
- Joel Velasco will continue his role leading external communications and policy as well as strategic partnerships.
About Amyris, Inc.
Amyris is an integrated renewable products company focused on providing sustainable alternatives to a broad range of petroleum-sourced products. Amyris uses its industrial synthetic biology platform to convert plant sugars into a variety of hydrocarbon molecules - flexible building blocks that can be used in a wide range of products. Amyris is commercializing these products both as No Compromise® renewable ingredients in cosmetics, flavors and fragrances, polymers, lubricants and consumer products, and also as No Compromise renewable diesel and jet fuel. Amyris Brasil Ltda., a subsidiary of Amyris, oversees the establishment and expansion of Amyris's production in Brazil. More information about Amyris is available at www.amyris.com.
Amyris and No Compromise are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc.
The Amyris, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=12462
CONTACT: Media Contacts Amyris Communications +1 (510) 597-5577 firstname.lastname@example.org