ACD Systems International Inc. (TSX: ASA), makers of ACDSee(TM) photo management software and Canvas(TM) technical illustration software, announced today the release of ACDSee Photo Editor in French, Dutch, and German. This innovative photo editing application will now offer an international audience of memory keepers and photo enthusiasts the tools and guidance they need to turn their digital photos into something truly special.
ACDSee Photo Editor helps photo enthusiasts of all levels turn their creative inspiration into photo perfection. From performing quick fixes such as lighting and red-eye correction to creating fun projects like scrapbook pages, CD covers, invitations, and more. Photo Editor walks you through the creative process, step-by-step, using interactive How-To lessons easy enough for even beginners to quickly master, yet powerful enough to handle the most creative details.
For people just starting out with photo editing, Photo Editor offers unique tools designed to make usually complex tasks much easier to accomplish. It does so by providing users with a sense of confidence and direction right from the very first time they use the application, so they can learn while doing, guided by the program itself.
Some of the major features in the programs that make photo editing easy and enjoyable for users include:
- How-tos: Offer guided walk-throughs of projects that teach you how to be creative with your photos step-by-step, from start to finish. That way, users can easily create CD covers, albums, and other great creative projects from the very first time they open the application.
- Vignette Tool: Creates stunning portrait-style photos in one simple action - streamlining and facilitating a process for new users that would normally require more advanced techniques.
- Adjustment/Filter Variations: Simplifies the creative process by displaying up to eight different previews of your original photo, right on screen, each preview showing a different variation of the effect, adjustment, or filter you're applying.
- Text Support: Simplifies the process of adding clever, descriptive text to your creative projects and provides the option to wrap text into thought bubbles or curve your text with a simple click.
- Batch Process: Saves time by allowing users to perform certain processes like applying an adjustment/filter, copying objects such as logos, clipart, or images, or creating vignettes to more than one photo at a time with just a couple of clicks.
- Cookie Cutter Tool: Crops your creation into fun shapes like letters, numbers, animals, or shapes, or add distinctive borders to your projects with a simple click.
Photo Editor also contains deeper features that meet the needs of more advanced users. Advanced users can create complex projects in Photo Editor's object-based environment using selection tools, gradients, masking techniques, blending modes, and in-depth vector object support.
"Photo Editor is the next step in our strategy of offering exceptional products at a reasonable price for specific audiences," said James Latham, vice president of marketing for ACD Systems. "The product is made for the population of creative individuals without the time or inclination to master complex products, but who nevertheless have the desire to imbue their photos with creativity."
Pricing and Availability
The full version of ACDSee Photo Editor is available for EUR 59.98 for the French and German versions and EUR 49.98 for the Dutch version. Upgrade pricing is available for EUR 44.98 from ACD Photo Editor 3.1, ACDSee PowerPack, or FotoCanvas. For more information visit our website at www.acdsee.com.
About ACD Systems
Headquartered in British Columbia since 1993, ACD Systems International Inc. (TSX: ASA) is one of the world's leading developers and marketers of digital imaging software, including the renowned ACDSee image management tool and Canvas, an advanced cross-platform technical illustration and graphics program. ACD has delivered value to a global marketplace through Internet distribution and partnerships with manufacturers and developers. ACD has millions of consumer and business users, and over 33,000 corporate customers including many Fortune 500 companies. For further details, please visit www.acdsee.com.
ACD, ACD Systems, ACDSee, and FotoSlate are trademarks or registered trademarks of ACD Systems Ltd. in Canada, the United States, or certain other jurisdictions. Trademarks of ACD Systems Ltd. are used under license by ACD Systems of America, Inc. Canvas is a trademark or registered trademark of ACD Systems of America, Inc. in Canada, the United States, or certain other jurisdictions. Trademarks of ACD Systems of America, Inc. are used under license by ACD Systems Ltd.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements based on the estimates and opinions of management at the date the statements were made and the company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements if conditions or opinions should change.