WAYNE, Pa., Feb. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Escalon Medical Corp.'s (Nasdaq Market: ESMC) subsidiary, Sonomed Escalon™ highlighted the upcoming release of its new VuMAX™ UBM Auto Tracking feature at the recent World Ophthalmology Congress (WOC) held February 16-20 in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The enhanced VuMAX™ function tracks image alignment and automatically provides real-time measurements for sulcus-to-sulcus, angle-to-angle, anterior chamber depth, and lens and corneal thicknesses. The VuMAX™ Auto Tracking feature was well received by both end users and Sonomed Escalon's distributor network, and Sonomed Escalon™ is pleased to announce the company's successful showing at the biannual meeting.
Other featured products at the WOC included AXIS™ image management system, with its recently-released iPad App, and the PacScan™ Plus and Master-Vu™ ultrasound imaging systems. Sonomed Escalon™ will also be exhibiting at the upcoming APAO Congress in Busan, Korea April 13-16 and at the ASCRS Congress in Chicago, IL April 20-24. Sonomed Escalon™ is the new combined ophthalmic products brand of Escalon Medical Corp.
Founded in 1987, the Company (www.escalonmed.com) develops, markets and distributes ophthalmic diagnostic, surgical and pharmaceutical products. Drew Scientific, which operates as a separate business unit, provides instrumentation and consumables for the diagnosis and monitoring of medical disorders in the areas of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and hematology, as well as veterinary hematology and blood chemistry. The Company seeks to utilize strategic partnerships to help finance its development programs and is also seeking acquisitions to further diversify its product line to achieve critical mass in sales and take better advantage of the Company 's distribution capabilities, although such partnerships or acquisitions may not occur. The Company has headquarters in Wayne, Pennsylvania and operations in Long Island, New York, New Berlin, Wisconsin, Lawrence, Massachusetts, Dallas, Texas, Waterbury, Connecticut, Miami, Florida and Barrow-in-Furness, U.K.
Note: This press release contains statements that are considered forward-looking under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about the Company's future prospects. These statements are based on the Company's current expectations and are subject to a number of uncertainties and risks, and actual results may differ materially. The uncertainties and risks include whether the Company is able to:
- implement its growth and marketing strategies, improve upon the operations of the Company business units, including the ability to make acquisitions and the integration of any acquisitions it may undertake, if any, of which there can be no assurance,
- implement cost reductions,
- generate cash,
- identify, finance and enter into business relationships and acquisitions.
- ability to continue as a going concern
Other factors include uncertainties and risks related to:
- ability to continue as a going concern
- new product development, commercialization, manufacturing and market acceptance of new products,
- changes and the impact of foreign laws,
- marketing acceptance of existing products in new markets,
- research and development activities, including failure to demonstrate clinical efficacy,
- delays by regulatory authorities, scientific and technical advances by the Company or third parties,
- introduction of competitive products,
- ability to reduce staffing and other costs and retain benefit of prior reductions
- third party reimbursement and physician training,
- the effects of asset or other business dispositions and divestments, and
- general economic conditions.
Further information about these and other relevant risks and uncertainties may be found in the Company's reports and its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, all of which are available from the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as other sources.
Apple and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc. in the US and other countries.
SOURCE Escalon Medical Corp.