Thursday Apple Rumors — Apple Fighting Off Porn Sites
Report says Apple has filed a complaint about domain names for porn sites selling iPhone-formatted pornography.

Here are your Apple rumors and AAPL stock news items for Thursday:

Apple Fights the iPhone Porn Forces: It’s not good for public relations when the domain for your hot new product leads to a pornographic website. It’s a problem Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) knows all too well. Domain Name Wire (via Mac Rumors) reported Thursday that Apple has filed a complaint under ICANN’s Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy. The complaint is over a series of domain names for websites selling iPhone-formatted pornography. One of the domains in question is, named after the latest model of iPhone.

Nielsen Names Apple Leading U.S. Smartphone Maker: While Samsung (PINK:SSNLF) has taken the lead on the world stage, Apple still is the leading smartphone manufacturer at home according to a new report from Nielsen (via Apple Insider). The research group’s report on the U.S. smartphone market in October found that Apple retained a 28% share of the smartphone market — a majority share among manufacturers. Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android phones accounted for 43% of smartphones sold in October, but no single Android manufacturer beat out Apple’s sales. Research In Motion‘s (NASDAQ:RIMM) BlackBerry phones accounted for 18% of smartphones sold. Smartphones now account for 43% of the total mobile phone market in the U.S., with feature phones comprising the remaining 57%.

2012 Brings Overhauled iPhone, iMac, iPad and MacBook Air: A Wednesday report posted by Digitimes (via 9 to 5 Mac) said consumers who held off on getting Apple’s latest and greatest gear in 2011 will be richly rewarded come next year. Sources within Apple’s supply chain have indicated that the previously rumored iPad 3 won’t be the only device in Apple’s stable to see a major redesign. The iPhone and both the desktop and laptop models in Apple’s Mac line will see significant changes in design. The next iPhone — likely the iPhone 5 — will sport a teardrop shape rather than the familiar rectangle. The iMac and MacBook Air redesigns still are unspecified, though. A 15-inch MacBook Air, however, likely will be added to the product line.

As of this writing, Anthony John Agnello did not own a position in any of the stocks named here. Follow him on Twitter at @ajohnagnello and become a fan of InvestorPlace on Facebook.

Stock Market XML and JSON Data API provided by FinancialContent Services, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here