Here are a few stocks to keep on your radar:
- Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO) rose more than 6% in early Wednesday trading following news late Tuesday that the company’s board fired Carol Bartz as CEO. Chief Financial Officer Timothy Morse was named interim CEO.
- VeriFone (NYSE:PAY) gained 5.6% after the company beat Wall Street’s fiscal third-quarter profit and revenue expectations.
- Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR) gained 2.3% despite the company lowering its third-quarter sales forecast.
- Verisign (NASDAQ:VRSN) added 1.7% on Wednesday after rising nearly 7% on speculation surrounding the company’s apparent pullout of a tech conference.
- One day after jumping nearly 10% on upbeat news from a Hepatitis C drug trial, shares of Pharmasset (NASDAQ:VRUS) rose 1.2% on Wednesday.