Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE: BXG), a leading provider of Colorful Places to Live and Play, today announced that it was awarded three Gold awards and 15 Silver awards during the 2011 American Resort Development Association (ARDA) Awards, in Orlando Florida. This annual competition honors organizations and businesses in the timeshare and resort industry that have achieved the highest level of excellence in a variety of different categories. The ARDA Awards Program recognizes nominees based on outstanding sales and staff accomplishments, product design and advertising.
Bluegreen Corporation won Gold medals for its print edition of Colorful Places Magazine in the Magazine category, the Owner Upgrade Kit in the Brochure-More than Eight Pages category-and the interior design of Building 3000 at Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar in the Resort Architecture category.
Silver medals were awarded to Bluegreen Corporation within the following categories:
- ACE Innovator Award: Fee-based service business model
- ACE Employer: Bluegreen Corporation
- ACE Project of Excellence: Wilderness Club at Big Cedar
- ACE Women on their Way Award: Angela Ward
- Homeowner Association Board Member: William Mosconi
- Administrative Manager/Team: Susan Saturday
- Administrative Team Member: Julie Clawson
- Owner/Customer Relations Manager/Team: Owner Relations Manager Angela Blevins
- Food and Beverage Program Manager/Team: Miguel Soto
- Assistant General Manager: Erna Barton
- Maintenance Manager: Tony Liga
- Green Sustainable Program
- Special Event: One Hot Night Je t'aime Paris
- Video Production: Shenandoah Crossing Resort Story
- Website: Colorfulplaces.com
- Amenities - Water Features: Wilderness Club, pool and water feature
- Amenities - Other: Wilderness Club Building 3000, BBQ area/pavilion/council circle
- Interior Design - New Resort Unit: Wilderness Club Building 3000
"We are not only proud, but honored to be recipients of 18 Gold and Silver ARDA awards," says Ahmad Wardak, Senior Vice President of Corporate Marketing with Bluegreen. "To have been selected as a finalist in several categories of the 2011 ARDA Awards, and later awarded three Gold and 15 Silver medals, is a significant honor for Bluegreen and its associates who work hard every day to provide Bluegreen owners with unique, comfortable and cutting-edge resorts."
Each category entered by Bluegreen included competition from other organizations and business in the timeshare and resort industry, including Marriott, Holiday Inn, Hilton, Disney, RCI and more.
ABOUT BLUEGREEN CORPORATION
Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, Bluegreen Corporation (NYSE:BXG) is the leader in providing Colorful Places to Live and Play(R) through its vacation ownership resort and residential real estate business segments. Our more than 3,500 employees are passionate about delivering extraordinary experiences for our owners, travelers and business partners. Since 1996, Bluegreen has managed, marketed and sold a flexible, real estate-based vacation ownership plan with more than 222,600 owners, over 54 owned or managed resorts, and access to more than 4,000 resorts worldwide. Since 1985, Bluegreen Communities has developed master-planned residential and golf communities primarily in the southern and southeastern U.S., and has sold over 55,000 home sites. We also offer a portfolio of comprehensive, turnkey, fee-for-service resort management, financial services, customer generation and sales solutions to third-party developers and lenders. For more information, visit us online at http://www.bluegreencorp.com. See what Bluegreen owners are saying on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/4/prweb8275802.htm