SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Glu Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: GLUU), a leading global publisher of social games for smartphone and tablet devices, today announced that Deer Hunter Challenge has surpassed 2 million downloads in its first 20 days on the App Store. Glu's Deer Hunter Challenge is based on Atari's Deer Hunter franchise. Glu's critically acclaimed Deer Hunter games have garnered world-wide recognition and received positive reviews from sites including IGN, Gizmodo and Pocket Gamer.
"With more than ten million downloads and counting, we are proud to work with Atari on making Deer Hunter the most authentic and best-selling hunting franchise on the App Store," said Giancarlo Mori, chief creative officer at Glu. "This title is a unique, free-to-play game in its genre, offering incredibly detailed 3D environments and very realistic animations."
"The Deer Hunter franchise continues to be one of our strongest brands," said Thom Kozik, executive VP, online & mobile, Atari, Inc. "By offering Deer Hunter Challenge as a free-to-play mobile game we've seen continued growth and brand visibility with an all new audience of gamers."
- On the Hunt- Discover and hunt animals in the unique environments of Alaska and Patagonia. As you progress through the game, new and even more breath-taking hunting locations will be made available.
- Get Geared Up- Customize your clothing, boots and gear as you explore new and challenging terrain in search of the world's most exotic game.
- Exotic Game- Shoot axis deer, black and brown bear, blackbuck, cougars, moose, red deer, reindeer, and many others.
- Locked and Loaded 'Your Way'- It's a new challenge with a large variety of customizable weapons and accessories: bolt rifle, single shot rifle, lever rifle, shotgun, crossbow and handgun.
- Open Season- Deer Hunter Challenge will be heavily supported with updates allowing the gamer to extend their gaming experience through in-app purchases to add new hunting locations, weapons and gear. Additionally, gamers will be able to connect to online tournaments against competitors from all over the world.
Deer Hunter Challenge is available worldwide for free on the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
ABOUT ATARI, SA
Atari group is a global creator, producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Atari's brands and content are available across all key traditional and digital distribution touch points, including browser-based and social online platforms, Windows PC, consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony Computer Entertainment America, and advanced smart phones (i.e. iPhone, Android and RIM devices). Divisions of Atari, SA include Cryptic Studios, Eden Studios, Atari Interactive, Inc. and Atari, Inc.
Atari benefits from the strength of its worldwide brand and its extensive catalogue of contemporary classic game franchises (Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Lunar Lander®), original owned franchises (Test Drive®, Backyard Sports®, Deer Hunter®), MMO games from Cryptic Studios (Star Trek™ Online, Champions Online™) and third party franchises (Ghostbusters®, Rollercoaster Tycoon®, Dungeons and Dragons®). Atari also leverages the power of its franchises to deliver movies and merchandise to consumers around the world.
For more information please visit: www.atari.com
© 2010 Atari Europe SASU. All rights reserved.
About Glu Mobile
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global publisher of social games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu's unique technology platform enables its titles to be accessible to a broad audience of consumers all over the world - supporting iOS, Android, Palm, Windows Phone 7 devices and beyond. Glu is focused on bringing the best in social, freemium, cross-platform mobile gaming experiences to the mass market. Founded in 2001, Glu is headquartered in San Francisco and has major offices in Brazil, China, Russia and the UK. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP and also partners with leading entertainment brands including Activision, Atari, Caesar's and Fox. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile devices wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com. For live updates, please follow Glu via Twitter at www.twitter.com/glumobile or become a Glu fan at Facebook.com/glumobile.
GLU, GLU MOBILE and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc.
Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.
SOURCE Glu Mobile Inc.