SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Glu Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: GLUU), a leading global publisher of social games for smartphone and tablet devices, today announced the availability of the Hero Project App on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch. Infamous design consultant Phil Campbell created the storyline for Hero Project that allows users to create their own super hero and defeat the forces of evil.
Hero Project powers up the social game genre with a unique mix of story, character customization and real-time combat. The player will continually take on new missions, experience new story elements and unlock new content for their hero as they play.
"There is no reason why you can't introduce narrative and character development in a social game," said Phil Campbell, creative consultant and writer on the Hero Project App. "When games have a story you can follow and explore with other players, it creates a world that you not only participate in, but you help create. The Hero Project App is taking mobile gaming to the next level."
- KA-BOOM! - Punch, zap and blast evil doers in real-time turn-based battles filled with dynamic action. You control the outcome as you choose between offensive, defensive and healing powers.
- POW! - Explore your surroundings and uncover the mystery behind Hero Project. Head to Mission Central to accept your latest missions, harvest crystals in the Research Lab or just hit the Rec-Con to see how your friends' heroes are doing.
- BAM! –Hero Project features over 200 story-driven missions that move the story forward. All the missions and back story for the Hero Project universe were written by famed writer/designer Phil Campbell (Tomb Raider, The Godfather, Heavy Rain).
- BIFF! - Purchase equipment, costumes, super powers and unique items in the store, and then fully equip your character before heading into battle.
- ZAP! - To continue the never-ending fight against evil, aspiring heroes can play and log into their Hero Project account via iPhone and iPod touch.
"Hero Project is essential to fans of comics, super heroes and social action games. The player will be immersed in a new super hero universe with an intriguing narrative that will keep people coming back for more," said Giancarlo Mori, chief creative officer at Glu. "Unlike other games in the action and RPG genres, Hero Project unveils its story, universe and major conflicts through character dialogue and missions. Players get a chance to explore and see their friends' characters in their own game world, which is in stark contrast to the traditional menu-driven social games. Best of all, the game is available for free!"
The Hero Project App is now available worldwide for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
About Glu Mobile
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ: GLUU) is a leading global publisher of social games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu's unique technology platform enables its titles to be accessible to a broad audience of consumers all over the world - supporting iOS, Android, Palm, Windows Phone 7 devices and beyond. Glu is focused on bringing the best in social, freemium, cross-platform mobile gaming experiences to the mass market. Founded in 2001, Glu is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and has major offices in Brazil, China, Russia and the UK. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP and also partners with leading entertainment brands including Activision, Atari, Fox and Harrah's. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile devices wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com. For live updates, please follow Glu via Twitter at www.twitter.com/glumobile or become a Glu fan at Facebook.com/glumobile.
GLU, GLU MOBILE and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc.
SOURCE Glu Mobile Inc.