Glu Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: GLUU), a leading global publisher of games for smartphone and tablet devices, today announced the availability of Toyshop Adventures on the App Store. When the toyshop owner loses his marbles, both literally as well as figuratively, it is up to the gamer to guide the toys through the shop and collect them all. With Toyshop Adventures for iPhone and iPod touch, gamers take control of the lovable toys while traveling through and exploring the miniature toyshop world. Lively gameplay will make it hard to stop playing with these eclectic characters, from straight childhood classics as well as from memorable characters from other Glu games.
"Toyshop Adventures is our new original game inspired by classic platform and adventure games," said Giancarlo Mori, Chief Creative Officer at Glu. "The high-quality 3D graphics and charming characters make its highly imaginative toyland come alive, and will keep players engaged for hours."
- Imaginative Adventure - fun-filled levels with playtime puzzles and platform mayhem
- Escape to a Magical Place- connect both physical and virtual worlds together as gamers use the characters’ unique skills and special abilities to progress through the episodes.
- Adventurous Acquaintances - lots of colorful characters available. Look familiar? Many are from Glu games like Eryn (Glyder) and the K.O. Kid (Super K.O. Boxing)
- In a Toyshop Far, Far Away- explore the expansive colorful shop and play through different storylines and as various characters. The player can also find secret areas to unlock and receive bonuses
- Tongue-in-cheek takes on Classic Tales- a new perspective on classic stories including defeating the Big Bad Wolf and leading Little Red Riding Hood to her grandmother’s house
Toyshop Adventures is now available worldwide for FREE or for $1.99 in the Toyshop Adventures Crystal Bonus Bundle which comes with 20 crystals plus 5 FREE Extra Bonus crystals on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
About Glu Mobile
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global publisher of games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu's unique technology platform enables its titles to be accessible to a broad audience of consumers all over the world - supporting iOS, Android, Palm, Windows Phone 7 devices and beyond. Glu is focused on bringing the best in social, freemium, cross-platform mobile gaming experiences to the mass market. Founded in 2001, Glu is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and has major offices in Brazil, China, Russia and the UK. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP and also partners with leading entertainment brands including Activision, Atari, Fox and Harrah's. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile devices wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com. For live updates, please follow Glu via Twitter at www.twitter.com/glumobile or become a Glu fan at Facebook.com/glumobile.
GLU, GLU MOBILE, TOYSHOP ADVENTURES and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6477053&lang=en