AACHEN, Germany, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- MainConcept GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DivX, Inc. (Nasdaq: DIVX) and one of the world's premier providers of video and audio codecs and software development kits (SDKs) to the consumer, broadcast and professional markets, today extended an open invitation to customers and interested parties to visit its booth at the 2010 IBC show in Amsterdam where content creators and industry professionals can see the latest MainConcept audio and video encoding/decoding solutions, including a new 3D for Blu-ray Disc transcoding application, a suite of format compatibility plug-ins for popular Adobe® Premiere Pro and Apple's Final Cut Pro NLEs, and much more.
MainConcept has long been recognized as the preferred supplier of high quality, performance optimized audio and video codecs to many of the world's best known broadcast, streaming, consumer electronics, and mobile device companies. With an unprecedented number of audio and video formats available in the market today, it is critical to have a codec partner capable of providing encoding and decoding solutions that meet industry standards, are easy to integrate, and provide the performance necessary for professional applications.
Here's a sneak-peek at some of the MainConcept solutions that will be available for demonstration at IBC 2010:
- MainConcept Reference 2.1 is a professional media transcoding application based on MainConcept's industry leading codec technology, now with support for HTML5 and Apple iPad. This modular preset-based application allows users to buy only the individual codecs needed. Users benefit from presets for popular playback devices such as Blu-ray Disc so they can start encoding immediately;
- MainConcept Reference 3D transcoding application is a new Windows® application for encoding video into stereoscopic and multi-view 3D video streams to create eye-popping 3D Blu-ray Disc productions that are fully compatible with 3D Blu-ray Disc players;
- MainConcept™ CUDA H.264/AVC SDK enables developers to add GPU accelerated video encoding to their own applications. It allows transcoding from MPEG-2, VC-1, H.264/AVC elementary streams, and raw frames into the H.264/AVC Baseline and Main Profile formats. Also available is a CUDA-based H.264/AVC plug-in for MainConcept Reference 2.1 stand-alone transcoding application for Windows® and Macintosh®, which is accelerated on NVIDIA GPUs.
- MainConcept™ OpenCL H.264/AVC SDK Beta off-loads resource intensive encoding tasks to the GPU using the OpenCL architecture and ATI Stream SDK 2.2 to speed up video encoding and reducing the CPU processor load. OpenCL is an open, cross-platform industry standard managed by the Khronos Group and is supported by graphics boards from NVIDIA and ATI. It allows encoding into H.264/AVC Baseline and Main Profile;
- MainConcept Movie Export is a preset-based export plug-in for Apple's Final Cut Pro that allows the NLE to export in popular formats including Blu-ray Disc, HTML5, Flash, AVC-Intra, Sony XDCAM, Apple iPod/iPad and others;
- MainConcept Codec Suite 5 Plug-Ins for Adobe® Premiere Pro CS5 are the ideal solutions for working with advanced formats like Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 AVC-Intra, DVCPRO and even Ikegami GFCAM formats natively on the Premiere Pro timeline;
- MainConcept Conversion Pack plug-in for Sony's XDCAM Browser clip-managing software can be used with the latest portfolio of Sony XDCAM camcorders and decks. It is a simple-to-use application that serves as a bridge tool to transcode the XDCAM content into different output formats by using predefined profiles;
"MainConcept continues to deliver compelling new technologies for the video and audio production industry, including affordable 3D encoding for Blu-ray Disc," said Muzaffer Beygirci, Managing Director and Vice President Worldwide Sales of MainConcept GmbH. "MainConcept is the one-stop-shop for everything from low-level codec SDKs to plug-ins and even stand-alone applications that allow our customers to focus on creating fantastic productions instead of worrying about format compliance."
Please stop by the MainConcept booth # 2.C50 at IBC 2010, September 10-14, to learn how these and other MainConcept solutions can meet your needs. Contact your MainConcept sales professional to schedule a meeting during the show and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MainConcept GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of DivX, Inc. (NASDAQ: DIVX), is one of the world's premier providers of high-quality audio and video codec solutions for consumer and professional applications. Many of the world's best consumer electronics and computer manufactures, handheld device makers, and creative software providers rely on MainConcept embedded codec solutions to deliver a superb audio and video experience to their customers, in virtually all popular consumer formats. MainConcept also provides comprehensive encoding and decoding solutions to the broadcast and professional video industry in the form of codecs for integration into creative software suites as well as complete after-market plug-in solutions for adding new video format support into popular Non-Linear Editing (NLE) software packages. MainConcept – The Codec People.
DivX, Inc. is a leading digital media company that enables consumers to enjoy a high-quality video experience across any kind of device. DivX creates, distributes and licenses digital video technologies that span the "three screens" comprising today's consumer media environment—the PC, the television and mobile devices. Over 300 million DivX devices have shipped into the market worldwide from leading consumer electronics manufacturers. DivX also offers content providers and publishers a complete solution for the distribution of secure, high-quality digital video content. Driven by a globally recognized brand and a passionate community of hundreds of millions of consumers, DivX is simplifying the video experience to enable the digital home. On June 2, 2010, DivX, Inc. and Sonic Solutions announced a proposed merger transaction. Sonic Solutions has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") a registration statement on Form S-4 containing a preliminary joint proxy statement/prospectus in connection with the proposed merger and both companies intend to mail a definitive joint proxy statement/prospectus and other relevant documents to Sonic and DivX shareholders following such time that the registration statement is declared effective by the SEC.
Statements in this press release that are not strictly historical in nature constitute "forward-looking statements." Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding DivX, Inc.'s visibility within the investment community. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause DivX and MainConcept's actual results to be materially different from historical results or from any results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to: the risk that customer use of DivX or MainConcept technologies may not grow as anticipated; the risk that anticipated market opportunities may not materialize at expected levels, or at all; the risk that DivX and MainConcept's activities may not result in the growth of profitable revenue; risks and uncertainties related to the maintenance and strength of the DivX and MainConcept brands; risks associated with DivX and MainConcept's ability to penetrate existing and new markets; risks regarding the effects of competition; the risk of DivX and MainConcept's dependence on its licensees and partners; risks related to the effect of intellectual property rights claims; and other factors discussed in the "Risk Factors" section of DivX's most recent report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. DivX is providing this information as of the date of this release and does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. All trademarks are the property of their owners and are used for informational purposes only.